BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DmytroYermak
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Thank for the reply. I have got just now your point regarding ods listing - issue 1. What is the way to correct it? Calculate the width of the page?

For issue 2 I have not found a decision. What it should be? To arrange a 2 groups instead of print.

As for the 'preloadfmt' in Table1. I placed the option in freq and mean but did not reach a desired result. Should it be used with COMPETETYPES?

How not to disrupt groups in Table1 if ones are divided by pagebreak?

Thank you.

Dmitry
DmytroYermak
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
It seems to me that I got your point with Listing. If we start with new title 1 - the file opens a new page for the new dataset?
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:
With the LISTING window, as with PDF and RTF, every PROCEDURE step starts a new page, page breaks have nothing to do with the TITLE statement. So I do not know what is wrong with your PROC PRINTS. Possibly check your FORMDLM= system option, which can alter the page break character for text files.

But, as shown in my output, every procedure starts a new page. The new page will NOT be visible per se in the Notepad viewer, but should be respected when you print or open the TXT file in Word.

If you want each PRINT to have a TITLE, then use a TITLE statement before each PROC PRINT, as I show in my code. I have nothing else to suggest, since the normal behavior of every PROCEDURE step is to start a new page whether or not there is a TITLE statement.

The ability to left/right/center justify the title is not a feature that will work in the LISTING or TXT output as it does in PDF or RTF or HTML. This is why most of the students I encounter who are producing the type of demographic report that you show are using either RTF output or PDF output.

You can take complete control of writing your report to the listing window, but it will require that you write every header and every variable on the report using the DATA step and PUT statements. It is possible and it is the way that these reports used to be written many years ago, before the introduction of the Output Delivery System. For an example of using DATA _NULL_ with FILE PRINT for ODS LISTING, please review the examples here: http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/basess/58133/HTML/default/viewer.htm#a002051742.htm

If you are going to follow this approach, then none of the ODS style attribute techniques will work for TXT output.

cynthia

DmytroYermak
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Hi Cynthia,

That is the case - my task - I have to prepare .txt file, not pdf or rtf.
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi;

It looks like you have posted 2 very, very long programs. And, all you did was post code. You didn't post a question. But at this point, your code is so large that it will be nearly impossible for people to understand the flow and your question.

You might want to work with Tech Support on your question(s) whatever they are.

cynthia

DmytroYermak
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi.

I actually have some questions but I placed the code as I finished it yesterday and it worked in any respect. So it was just a sign of completion of the task.Robot Happy  . I will write tomorrow my doubts.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 22 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 3 in conversation