BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
datadoneright
Calcite | Level 5

I'm creating a report where I calculate changes between months based on the first across variable.  I have managed to insert the columns within the across and calculate the changes.  Now I want to title each type of change correctly.  The report will ultimately end up in Excel. I'm programming within SAS EG 7.15, (SAS BASE 9.4).

Currrent Report Top, Desired Report BottomCurrrent Report Top, Desired Report Bottom

Proc format;
value ex_column
	'31jul2019'd='Jul2019'
	'31aug2019'd='Aug2019'
	'15sep2019'd='Change' 
	;
Run;

Proc Report data=work.report_data_incomplete1 
(where=((crs_site = 'F') and datekey in ('31jul2019'd, '31aug2019'd) and RTTPart='Part_2')) 
out=work.proc_report1;

Title1 "TOTAL";
COLUMN ProvOrgName Label,Datekey,(Stats1);
define provorgnAME / ' ' group;
/*define sort_order /noprint across format=sort_order. preloadfmt order=data '';*/
define label / '' across order=data ;
define datekey / across nozero format=ex_column. preloadfmt '' order=data ;
define stats1 /'' ;

compute stats1;
_c4_=_c3_-_c2_;
_c7_=_c6_-_c5_;
_c10_=(_c9_-_c8_)/_c8_;
_c13_=_c12_-_c11_;
_c16_=_c15_-_c14_;
_c19_=_c18_-_c17_;
call define ('_c2_','format','4.1');
call define ('_c3_','format','4.1');
call define ('_c4_','format','4.1');
call define ('_c5_','format','4.1');
call define ('_c6_','format','4.1');
call define ('_c7_','format','4.1');
call define ('_c8_','format','bestd8.');
call define ('_c9_','format','bestd8.');
call define ('_c10_','format','percentn6.1');
call define ('_c11_','format','8.');
call define ('_c12_','format','8.');
call define ('_c13_','format','8.');
call define ('_c14_','format','8.');
call define ('_c15_','format','8.');
call define ('_c16_','format','8.');
call define ('_c17_','format','percentn6.1');
call define ('_c18_','format','percentn6.1');
call define ('_c19_','format','percentn6.1');
endcomp;

run;

4 REPLIES 4
datadoneright
Calcite | Level 5

I want to change the column headings from 'Change' to specific type of change.  Ex.   _c4_ column heading = 'Change in Weeks',

_c10_ column heading = '% Change'. 

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:
It looks like the header value "Change" is coming from the format you've created for the DATEKEY variable. You can't change the header variable as you envision with PROC REPORT. The COMPUTE block for a variable can only touch the data cells, not the header cells.

You might be able to "fake" out the headers by making a separate fake DATEKEY value for every LABEL group, something like this -- I used SASHELP.PRDSALE Quarter=1 observations -- that gave me 3 months for each year to have across -- but I needed some "extra" observations, like this:

need_extra_obs.png

I know the dates in SASHELP.PRDSALE are always 01 of each month. So that means I can my fake observation for 31dec for each year and then assign the Header that I want to each years "fake" date. This allows me to use the format, as shown below:

results.png

I did not bother, in my PROC REPORT code to change formats or perform any calculations. You seem to have that part of the COMPUTE block working as you want.

But whether my approach will work for you depends on the structure of your data and how you built the DATEKEY variable.

Cynthia

ballardw
Super User

You should either provide some example data for your problem OR recast the problem to use one of the SAS supplied data set like SASHELP.Shoes or SASHELP.Class.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation