BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ijmoorejr
Calcite | Level 5

I am trying to write a Proc Report define statement that will allow me to 1) center the column data 2)format the data as "Date" m/d/yyyy when it outputs to Excel 3) create a filter on the column containing the data which would allow column filtering by year, month, day, etc. once in Excel.

Please send examples. So far, I am only sure about how to center the data in the column. Thanks.

define VAR1 / 'VAR1' center;

1 REPLY 1
Reeza
Super User

You can find most of what you want here and most will work for ODS EXCEL as well, not just TAGSETS.EXCELXP

https://support.sas.com/rnd/base/ods/odsmarkup/excelxp_demo.html

EDIT: Another source, this paper includes references to almost all the functionality you may want. 

You can look up the feature and it tells you which paper and page to refer to find the examples.

https://support.sas.com/rnd/papers/intro-multisheet-excel-with-sas/ExcelXPPaperIndex.pdf

@ijmoorejr wrote:

I am trying to write a Proc Report define statement that will allow me to 1) center the column data 2)format the data as "Date" m/d/yyyy when it outputs to Excel 3) create a filter on the column containing the data which would allow column filtering by year, month, day, etc. once in Excel.

Please send examples. So far, I am only sure about how to center the data in the column. Thanks.

define VAR1 / 'VAR1' center;

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation