BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
mattmm
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello,

I am trying to add style elements to the by line of my PDF file output. As of now it is putting the variable, an '=' sign, and the output. I want to control the style (font, label name, etc.) as well as the output (remove the '='). I have tried several ways and read the SAS documentation on ODS Style and Proc Print, but I'm unable to come across a solution. Is this possible or should I try another route to achieve this?

I've messed around with using a title statement as a placeholder of var2, but the by line separates the output by the second variable (var2), and nest a table under that unique variable so it gets messy trying to make that work.

Sample Code:

ods pdf close;
options orientation=landscape nodate number nocenter papersize=legal; ods pdf file="&path&name .pdf" style=my_style; title1 justify=left font=arial 'Left Title' justify=right "Right Title"; Proc print data=have rows=page split='*' style(header obs obsheader)={just=center font_face=arial fontsize=2.2} obs="Item"; by var1 var2; /*this is what I want to control the style of*/ Var var3 var4/style(data)=[background=white just=center font_face=arial fontsize=2]; format var3 var4 best7.2; label var3= 'The Third Variable' var4= 'The Fourth Variable'; run; ods pdf close; run;
Sample Output:
mock_output.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User
I don't think STYLE will allow to change the structure of the BY line, specifically the Equals sign. At least not without messing around with templates.
I would probably recommend using a custom title statement instead and using #BYVAL/#BYVAR options instead.

Note the usage of multiple TITLE statements in this example:
https://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings/proceedings/sugi23/Coders/p75.pdf

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Reeza
Super User
I don't think STYLE will allow to change the structure of the BY line, specifically the Equals sign. At least not without messing around with templates.
I would probably recommend using a custom title statement instead and using #BYVAL/#BYVAR options instead.

Note the usage of multiple TITLE statements in this example:
https://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings/proceedings/sugi23/Coders/p75.pdf
mattmm
Fluorite | Level 6

This is exactly what I needed, thank you very much.

Reeza
Super User

FYI - I've moved this post to the ODS Reporting section so hopefully you get a better response here. 

Ksharp
Super User

Follow as Reeza said.

data have(index=(x=(sex age)));
 set sashelp.class;
 if age in ( 12 14 15);
run;

options nobyline;
ods pdf file="c:\temp\temp.pdf" style=meadow;
title1 justify=left font=arial 'Left Title' justify=right "Right Title";
title2 j=left color=red bcolor=green "#byvar1 = #byval1 || #byvar2 = #byval2";

Proc print data=have rows=page split='*' style(header obs obsheader)={just=center font_face=arial fontsize=2.2} obs="Item";
 by sex age; /*this is what I want to control the style of*/
 Var weight height/style(data)=[background=white just=center font_face=arial fontsize=2];
run;

ods pdf close;

Ksharp_0-1641901511003.png

mattmm
Fluorite | Level 6

I followed what Reeza said and that is the solution. Great to see it here in practice as the visual showed me what to apply. Thank you for your help.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 in conversation