BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
eyhm
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I am new at SAS . I have a basic problem I want to analysis my oracle table on the SAS, So how can I send to my oracle table to SAS?

2 REPLIES 2
Peter_C
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

see the example at the foot of the documentation for SAS statement LIBNAME to access Oracle

Mishka1
Fluorite | Level 6

To add another real world example:

If I go to my ODBC administrator in Windows and choose my odbc connection for my Oracle server and hit configure, it will show me the server name:

Server: OrServ

So at the top of my SAS program, I’ll add the below to use the Oracle connection almost like it’s a local SAS library.

%let orcuser=MyUserName;

%let orcpass=MyPassword;

libname OrServ oracle user="&orcuser." password="&orcpass." path='OrServ';

Then I can see my Oracle tables in the SAS explorer under the library named OrServ and can use it almost like any other library.

Proc sql;

Create table work.LocalTable as

Select MyField1, MyField2

From OrServ.OracleTableName

Where ...

;

quit;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation