BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
christyh
Calcite | Level 5
Hi there,

I'm just running some simple ods html body= code but when I run it, I get this in the log:

ERROR: Physical file does not exist, H:\Documents\RB attrition Analysis\G:\Research and Analysis
Group Folder\35. Customer Analysis\Group Strategy\Output\Scorecard_JUN09.

What's really strange is that I'm not pointing to the h drive at all. My code is this:

ods html body="G:\Research and Analysis Group Folder\35. Customer Analysis\Group Strategy\Output\Scorecard_June.xls";

in the log before the error is this message:
NOTE: Writing HTML Body file: G:\Research and Analysis Group Folder\35. Customer Analysis\Group Strategy\Output\Scorecard_JUN09

so it looks like it's writing to the right file then in the error it looks like it's trying to write it to the H:\documents file.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Christy
4 REPLIES 4
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
You need to share the SAS-generated log information with expanded SAS code which will likely reveal the problem cause. Reply again to your post and PASTE the log with related diagnostics messages as generated by SAS.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
christyh
Calcite | Level 5
Here's the entire log:

316 ods html body="G:\Research and Analysis Group Folder\35. Customer Analysis\Group
316 ! Strategy\Output\Scorecard_&grpdate";
NOTE: Writing HTML Body file: G:\Research and Analysis Group Folder\35. Customer Analysis\Group
Strategy\Output\Scorecard_JUN09
ERROR: Physical file does not exist, H:\Documents\RB attrition Analysis\G:\Research and Analysis
Group Folder\35. Customer Analysis\Group Strategy\Output\Scorecard_JUN09.
WARNING: No body file. HTML output will not be created.
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
You haven't shared enough SAS code leading up to the error - that's the most important, as much for your diagnosis as well as those individuals who subscribe here. It's quite clear that the generate SAS code is not compatible with a file directory/name structure -- which realistically you will need to help debug. Forum subscribers have little, if any, knowledge about your SAS application.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
christyh
Calcite | Level 5
Thanks Scott,

We actually worked it out... in the Tools, preferences, I had the html box checked with a directory chosen so it was over righting my code and trying to put it in that directory.

Cheers,
Christy

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation