BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
damian_HMRC
Calcite | Level 5

Hi. We recently upgraded to SAS9 from SAS8 and some code I have is giving a different output, I am sure it is a simple thing to resolve but I cant find the answer anywhere and I was wondering if anybody could tell me what the solution is.

In SAS8 I use the following code

ods html path=' path ' (url=none)

body='test.xls'

style=minimal;

I then proc tabulate 20 tables

ods html close;

In SAS8 I get one excel spreadsheet called test.xls with 20 tables in a single sheet.

In SAS9 I get 20 excel spreadsheets called test1.xls test2.xls test3.xls etc, with a single table in each.

How do I get the output in SAS9 to be the same as I used to get in SAS8?

thanks in advance for any advice.

3 REPLIES 3
Andre
Obsidian | Level 7

Damian  i can't believe it  as this code under 9.2.3 produce two results on one sheet in one spreadsheet!   ods html path='d:\temp' (url=none) body='2ononesheet.xls' style=minimal;  proc print data=sashelp.air;run; proc print data=sashelp.class;run;  ods html close;    Andre

damian_HMRC
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks. It must be something in the settings then.

damian_HMRC
Calcite | Level 5

I have just done a test: A colleague has run the same peice of code using the same SAS9 and gets a single spreadsheet output.

Proving that it must be something to do with my profile and not the sas code. Thanks for your help, it help me establish something.

Damian

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation