BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Dave25
Quartz | Level 8

In creating an ods pdf file, with a by group, i find that in the Table of Contents outputted pdf file, i sometimes get bygroup1, bygroup2, etc., and other times the Table of Contents has the actual names of the by groups....and i have no reason why the difference.

The last couple days, it seems stuck in the bygroup1, bygroup2, etc. printout - so, my question:

Any suggestions how to make the Table of Contents print out the actual by group values?

(i've included some stripped-down code, and the pdf created from the code)

options byline;
data a; 
school = 'A'; value = 1; output;
school = 'B'; value = 1; output;
run;

ods pdf file='c:\temp\test.pdf' contents;
proc sgplot data=a;
vbar school/response=value;
by school;
run;
ods pdf close;

thanks,

Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

That is odd. When I run a modified version of your code (to control the label on the Top Node and use the By line values) using 9.4M5, I get this:

use_byline_info.png

But even running your original code in 9.4M5 without any changes, I get school=A and school=B, as shown below:

orig_code.png

It is odd that when you run the code you get Bygroup1 and Bygroup2. You might want to check with Tech Support. They can run your actual code against your actual data and help you find an answer.

Cynthia

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

That is odd. When I run a modified version of your code (to control the label on the Top Node and use the By line values) using 9.4M5, I get this:

use_byline_info.png

But even running your original code in 9.4M5 without any changes, I get school=A and school=B, as shown below:

orig_code.png

It is odd that when you run the code you get Bygroup1 and Bygroup2. You might want to check with Tech Support. They can run your actual code against your actual data and help you find an answer.

Cynthia

Dave25
Quartz | Level 8

Cynthia,

Thank you for the reply.  This is odd - tried your code, and still get the ByGroup1, ByGroup2 (and get neither the "Top node" nor the "Graph for School" heading). I do have 9.4M5.

Thanks again, will contact Tech Support.

Dave

Dave25
Quartz | Level 8
I re-started SAS, ran your code, and it's now working!
(both with the code you provided, and with my original code). Guess we'll leave it as one of life's mysteries.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation