BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
LAtwood
Calcite | Level 5

I have the following code.  I am trying to format ot_hrs to one decimal point.  You will notice mso-number-format:'0\.0' in the code.  When I do this it only formats the section that is highlighted in blue (paleturqoise) and the grand total number to one decimal.  I can't get it to format all OT hours.  Any help with this is appreciated!!

proc report data=work.QUERY_FOR_PAY_TIMEBOOK_MSTR_0003 nowd
style(summary)=[/*color=cx3e3d73*/ backgroundcolor=pink
                /*fontfamily=helvetica fontsize=3*/ textalign=r];

column desc pos last_nm first_nm ot_hrs ccpos;

define desc / order ;

define pos / order;

define last_nm / order ;

define first_nm / order;

define ot_hrs / analysis sum 'OT' style(column)={htmlstyle="mso-number-format:'0\.0'"}  
;

define ccpos /order ;

compute ccpos  ;

IF ccpos  in('331025') THEN CALL DEFINE(_ROW_, "style","STYLE=[BACKGROUND=Paleturquoise]") ;
endcomp;
define ccpos /noprint;

/*cxF7EDFD     pretty pink*/

break after desc /  SUMMARIZE STYLE=[HTMLSTYLE="border-bottom:5px double red;border-left:none;borderright:
none;BORDER-TOP:5px double red"];

rbreak after / summarize skip ;
compute after;
      desc='Grand Total:';
   endcomp;

run;

ODS MARKUP CLOSE;

*  Begin EG generated code (do not edit this line);
;*';*";*/;quit;

*  End EG generated code (do not edit this line);
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

ODS MARKUP could be HTML-based (in which case your HTMLSTYLE specification might be needed) or it could be XML-based (in which case you might need to use TAGATTR). In the future, showing ALL your code, including the ODS statements would be useful. Please consider these 2 statement examples that worked for me:

For HTML-based "markup" destinations, you need to use HTMLSTYLE:

define ot_hrs / analysis sum 'OT'

style(column)={htmlstyle="mso-number-format:#0\.0​"};  

For XML-based "markup" destinations, you need to use TAGATTR:

style(column)={tagattr="format:#0.0​"};  

With either form of usage, notice the correct quoting. You have an extra set of quotes in your specification, which is incorrect, but also, without seeing your ODS statements, it is hard to determine whether you need HTMLSTYLE or TAGATTR. The code shown in the screen shot worked correctly for me in all 3 outputs.

cynthia

compare_change_format.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Reeza
Super User

Are you using ODS TAGSETS.EXCELXP or ODS EXCEL? 

Or another variant?

LAtwood
Calcite | Level 5
ODS Markup
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

ODS MARKUP could be HTML-based (in which case your HTMLSTYLE specification might be needed) or it could be XML-based (in which case you might need to use TAGATTR). In the future, showing ALL your code, including the ODS statements would be useful. Please consider these 2 statement examples that worked for me:

For HTML-based "markup" destinations, you need to use HTMLSTYLE:

style(column)={htmlstyle="mso-number-format:#0\.0​"};  

For XML-based "markup" destinations, you need to use TAGATTR:

style(column)={tagattr="format:#0.0​"};  

With either form of usage, notice the correct quoting. You have an extra set of quotes in your specification, which is incorrect, but also, without seeing your ODS statements, it is hard to determine whether you need HTMLSTYLE or TAGATTR. The code shown in the screen shot worked correctly for me in all 3 outputs.

cynthia

compare_change_format.png

LAtwood
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you Cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation