BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Rsnead91
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello SAS Community!

My SAS program seems to always save my html output to the folder outside of SAS which contains my program. Over time these html files accumulate and become a nuisance, overcrowding my folders. I would really like to stop SAS from exporting these html files, while keeping my ability to view the html results in SAS as I am running my procedures.

Currently, I use the following code to clear out my html output files:

ODS HTML CLOSE; ODS HTML;

I think this may have inadvertantly caused the issue. I can go into my results preferences and paste a destination path for the output to be sent to, however, I don't want to have to do that everytime I open SAS. I would prefer to just use some code that prevents SAS from exporting the files. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Ryan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ballardw
Super User

Since you are closing and then reopening the ODS HTML without a PATH option it sends the output to someplace active in the session and defaulting to the place your are working.

So you may want to specify a PATH for output that you like.

I have a macro that resets the ods path to the work library so it can get cleaned up:

%macro resetHtml;
%let workpath= %sysfunc(getoption (work));
ods html path="&workpath" newfile=proc;
%mend;

So I can use %resethtml; in code to send output there when reopening the HTML destination.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Shmuel
Garnet | Level 18

When you define ODS HTML precede it by filenmae like:

filename myhtm '...any path..any name.html';

ODS HTML file=myhtm;

Rsnead91
Fluorite | Level 6
Thank you for your suggestion.

Is there a path to the SAS WORK library that I could use?
ballardw
Super User

Since you are closing and then reopening the ODS HTML without a PATH option it sends the output to someplace active in the session and defaulting to the place your are working.

So you may want to specify a PATH for output that you like.

I have a macro that resets the ods path to the work library so it can get cleaned up:

%macro resetHtml;
%let workpath= %sysfunc(getoption (work));
ods html path="&workpath" newfile=proc;
%mend;

So I can use %resethtml; in code to send output there when reopening the HTML destination.

Rsnead91
Fluorite | Level 6
Thank you for your suggestion.

I tried out the macro, but my files still seem to be saving in the active folder outside of SAS.
Rsnead91
Fluorite | Level 6
Nevermind! I realized that I wasn't placing the macro in the correct location in my code. It works now.

Thank you!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation