BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
FrankE
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi all,

I'm using proc report with ods HTML to output a sample report.  At each break of the grouped variable (age)  I'd like to write out a line ('TestLine').  The program runs clean but the line never appears.  I inspected the resulting html in a text editor and verified that the text of the added line is not in the file.  Any ideas what I'm missing?

data class;

set sashelp.class;

run;

ods listing close;

ods html file="c:\temp\test.html";

proc report data=class nowindows;

column age name;

define age   / group;

define name   / display;

break after age/;

compute after age;

line 'TestLine';   

endcomp;

run;

ods _all_ close;

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

Did someone change the STYLES.DEFAULT style template???? I do not observe the same behavior -- see the screenshot -- I tested 2 different styles in SAS 9.3 -- using your code with my TITLE statement added. I would suggest that you open a track with Tech Support.

cynthia

testline.jpg

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
art297
Opal | Level 21

Interesting!  When I ran your code the line was there.

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

Are you by any chance using this in a stored process? The SASReport XML that is generated for some client applications of the BI Platform does not render the LINE statement output.

cynthia

FrankE
Fluorite | Level 6

I open 3 pane SAS, paste in the exact code above and click submitt.  See the attched image as the output I get.  Any idea what might be going on here?  The lines appear perfectly when outputting to PDF and XLS, but nothing for HTML.  Any help would be appreciated.

output.jpg

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

Did someone change the STYLES.DEFAULT style template???? I do not observe the same behavior -- see the screenshot -- I tested 2 different styles in SAS 9.3 -- using your code with my TITLE statement added. I would suggest that you open a track with Tech Support.

cynthia

testline.jpg
FrankE
Fluorite | Level 6

Yeah, that's got to be it.  I tried the same code on a different PC and it worked fine.  Thanks for your help!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation