BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
RichardAD
Fluorite | Level 6

I'm trying to figure out if the following is possible.  A picture is worth a thousand words...

I would like to have the cell in the rows under the across header link to other output.

Clicking on the data value in the cell (the n-statistic in this example) should link to an anchor corresponding output for [table][dn]

RichardAD_0-1702323930995.png

Example data:

data x;
  input k q;
datalines;
1 2
1 2
1 2
2 7
2 8
2 8
2 9
3 100
;

data y;
  input p r;
datalines;
0 0
1 1
2 2
3 3
3 3
3 3
3 3
3 3
4 1
4 2
;

proc sql ;
  create table xf as
  select 'x' as table, k, count(distinct q) as dn
  from x group by k;

proc sql ;
  create table yf as
  select 'y' as table, p, count(distinct r) as dn
  from y group by p;

data fs ;
  set xf yf;
run ;

proc sql;
  create table x2 as select *, count(distinct q) as dn from x group by k order by dn, k ;
  create table y2 as select *, count(distinct r) as dn from y group by p order by dn, p ;

ods html file='r.html' style=plateau;

proc report data=fs;
  title 'counts';
  column table dn ;
  define table / group ;
  define dn / across ;
run ;

proc print noobs data=x2;
  title 'x2';
  by dn ;
run;

proc print noobs data=y2;
  title 'y2';
  by dn ;
run;

ods html close;

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

Here's another picture from one of my PROC REPORT examples:

Cynthia_sas_0-1702335295669.png

In this example, Country is the first GROUP item and REGION (EAST or WEST) is the ACROSS item. In separate steps, I created 4 separate files, as shown in the screen shot (CanadaEast.html, CanadaWest.html, GermanyEast.html and GermanyWest.html). Then, a CALL DEFINE is used to dynamically build a URL for every cell under an ACROSS item. In this case, I attached the URL to the column for SUM and didn't do anything with the column for MEAN. In this way, you can see how absolute column numbers have to be used to determine which cell gets a link for which file.

Hope this points you in a direction that gets you closer to what you want.

Cynthia

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

Here's another picture from one of my PROC REPORT examples:

Cynthia_sas_0-1702335295669.png

In this example, Country is the first GROUP item and REGION (EAST or WEST) is the ACROSS item. In separate steps, I created 4 separate files, as shown in the screen shot (CanadaEast.html, CanadaWest.html, GermanyEast.html and GermanyWest.html). Then, a CALL DEFINE is used to dynamically build a URL for every cell under an ACROSS item. In this case, I attached the URL to the column for SUM and didn't do anything with the column for MEAN. In this way, you can see how absolute column numbers have to be used to determine which cell gets a link for which file.

Hope this points you in a direction that gets you closer to what you want.

Cynthia

RichardAD
Fluorite | Level 6
Thanks, that's a start.

Q: Is there a way to access the stacked column values that appear in the
headers?

Right now I'm thinking I have to use Proc SQL before the REPORT in order to
have an array I can use...

proc sql;
select distinct dn into :dns separated by ',' from ... ;

compute freq;
array dns(&dns);
... url formula involves _C_ and dns()...
endcomp;
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
No, you cannot directly access the header values. The absolute column numbers should indicate which column is for EAST and which for WEST (in my example).
Cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation