BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
vanja
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi!

I am trying to generate a sheet with a table of contents with my ods excel statement. I am not quite sure of how this works but I'm hoping that it will take the titles and title2:s and display them on a separate sheet. However, no table of contents appears in my Excel file.

I have several proc reports in my program. Is there anyone out there who knows what I am doing wrong or if there is something in my SAS installation that is missing?

I use SAS Enterprise Guide version 7.15.

ods excel file="&ROOTDIR.\&FILENAME...xlsx";
ods excel options(embedded_titles='YES' sheet_interval='proc' autofilter='all' contents='yes' );

ods excel options(sheet_name='TABLE1');
title "...";
title2 "...";

proc report;
etc etc...
run;

ods excel close;
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
vanja
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you for trying to help me! ODS PROCLABEL alone didn't do the trick. By examining the code to the case you referred to I realized that instead of dividing the "ods excel file" and "ods excel options" into two lines of code and put it on the same line I actually got a Table of Contents. It is not very pretty and I get some lines in my table of contents that I would rather not have;

"Report"

"Table 1"

But still, good progress!

ods excel file="&ROOTDIR.&FILENAME..xlsx"
          options(embedded_titles='YES' contents='yes' autofilter='on' sheet_interval='proc');

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Going to guess that your missing ods proclabel per this from a quick use of the search bar!

https://communities.sas.com/t5/ODS-and-Base-Reporting/Controlling-Visible-TOC-Levels-in-Files-Create...

vanja
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you for trying to help me! ODS PROCLABEL alone didn't do the trick. By examining the code to the case you referred to I realized that instead of dividing the "ods excel file" and "ods excel options" into two lines of code and put it on the same line I actually got a Table of Contents. It is not very pretty and I get some lines in my table of contents that I would rather not have;

"Report"

"Table 1"

But still, good progress!

ods excel file="&ROOTDIR.&FILENAME..xlsx"
          options(embedded_titles='YES' contents='yes' autofilter='on' sheet_interval='proc');
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Great, you can mark your own response as the correct answer.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation