BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi,
There are 30 variables in my dataset and for that dataset if I create a pdf file through ods odf then it shows 20 columns in first page and remaining 10 columns in second page,but i want all 30 columns should come in first page only.Is there any way to do that.

Thanks in advance.
4 REPLIES 4
Andre
Obsidian | Level 7
Sivas,
Asking without showing parts of the submitted code is often difficult for the reader
I must presume you are using a proc print
I consider that 20 columns is already much

before opening ods pdf you may act upon options
like orientation margins papersize=A3 ...

and inside proc print you have also options
like heading=vertical
also the format statement can help you to reduce the width of columns

and finally with template or style like
var name/style=[fontsize=nnnpt] ...
act upon the font choices

Andre
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi Andre,
Actually my code is as fallows

options orientation=landscape;
ods pdf;
proc print data=sashelp.asscmgr;
run;
ods pdf close;

I am using the option orientation=landscape but still I am not getting.
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi Andre,
Please ignore the above code,the actual code is as follows
options orientation=landscape;
proc report data=sashelp.asscmgr nowd;
define LDESC/width=60;
run;
ods pdf close;
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
If you search in the forum search facility for the string "very wide" there was an earlier forum posting on dealing with very wide tables when landscape orientation was not "wide" enough. Basically your choices are to make the font smaller, reduce the cell padding in the table, remove interior tables lines and/or some combination of all of the above.

The earlier forum posting had a large section of code that showed the correct style attributes to change and how to change them in order to try to get "wide" output onto a PDF or RTF page.

One easy alternative is to switch to HTML output which can be as wide as you need it to be because there is no limit on how wide a browser screen can be ... although realistically, you will probably reach the limit of someone's patience to either scroll or squint when you have very wide tables if you make the table too wide or the font too small!

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation