BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
haydn89
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi all,

Looking for some help.

I am trying to use the inline formatting operator escapechar to change the font size of a footnote in my table. I can’t get it to work properly.

Other style attributes work, such as font_weight, but font_size does not. I should note that I am trying to output this table to an xml file using ods tagsets.excelxp.

I am running SAS using solaris on 9.1.3 service pack 4. I am using a custom style to render my table but I tested the inline formatting without the custom style and it still didn’t work.

I try and reformat the size using the inline formatting operator 3 times:

1.      'r1'="Rate of return ^S={font_weight=bold font_size=3pt}a"

2.      2012="2011^{unicode '2013'}12^S={font_weight=bold font_size=8pt font_face='calibri'}p^S={}"

2013="2012^{unicode '2013'}13^S={font_weight=bold font_size=8pt font_face='calibri'}y^S={}"

3.      title1 "Appendix table ^S={font_size=6pt}d";

I’ve attached the SAS code (cara.sas), log (cara.log) and the code for my custom style as well (chp2_1.sas). I've also attached the data set output that I am working with (aus.sas7bdat and sta.sas7bdat).

If anyone has an idea your guidance would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Haydn

2 REPLIES 2
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

You might want to check with Tech Support. I no longer have 9.1 or 9.2 or 9.3 to test with, but I thought that the UNICODE capability of ODS ESCAPECHAR was not production until SAS 9.2 -- so that might be one reason why some of your code does not work.

cynthia

Vish33
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi,

Following to Cynthia's text,

try this. I used height instead of weight option.

footnote j=LEFT font=arial color=white bc=cx5976A1 height=15pt "^{nbspace 3} &runDate ^{newline 2}";

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation