BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
rkk33
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

When generating tables and listings for a clinical study report (as in the attachment), in order to fit a lot of columns on a page and to avoid bells and whistles like borders and shadings, I output to a plain text file (ods listing file="report.txt"), then I cut and paste it to MS Word, setting a SAS Monospace font of size 7, but now that I have too many listings to produce, I would like to do it automatically (that is I would like to output directly to an RTF file with the specified font). If there is an easy solution for that, what is it? Otherwise what should I learn do solve this? I use SAS 9.2.

Thanks for any tips

Rkk33

Listing.png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

You need to customize your own template with the spaces and font required.

Here's an example of one that I've used to customize my reports.

It might help you get started with yours:

https://gist.github.com/statgeek/9603140

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User

You need to customize your own template with the spaces and font required.

Here's an example of one that I've used to customize my reports.

It might help you get started with yours:

https://gist.github.com/statgeek/9603140

ballardw
Super User

This may repeat @Reeza's information but I can't access Github from work. One approach would be to create a new ODS style and set the font and size everywhere where to the monospace font.

Then use that style on an ODS RTF (or tagsets.RTF) statement:

ODS RTF file="path\file.rtf" style=MySpecialMono;

<output generating procedures>

ODS rtf close;

rkk33
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks a million Ballardw and Reeza. I am looking into PROC TEMPLATE now, hopefully I will be writing with a style in no time. For any PROC-TEMPLATE-specific questions I will open a new thread.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation