BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
zhaosi
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

We know that the body style can control the top,bottom,left and right margin in rtf. But how SAS controls the header margin and footer margin in rtf with template?

This is an element to control the top,bottom,left and right margin.

proc template;                                                               

define style test;                   

style Body from Document /                                         

marginbottom = 2.5cm                                                

margintop = 2.5cm                                                   

marginright = 2.5cm                                                 

marginleft = 2.5cm;                                                 

end;                                                                      

run;

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

I believe that ODS RTF and ODS TAGSETS.RTF both have support for HEADERY and FOOTERY, as described in this Tech Support note:

http://support.sas.com/kb/24/168.html

I am not sure whether you can set HEADERY and FOOTERY in a style template. That would be a question for Tech Support.

cynthia

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
zhaosi
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I solved it just now. For example, I want the header margin is 1.5cm and footer margin is 1.75cm. Then using the following code.

ods RTF sectiondata='\headery850\footery990';

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

I believe that ODS RTF and ODS TAGSETS.RTF both have support for HEADERY and FOOTERY, as described in this Tech Support note:

http://support.sas.com/kb/24/168.html

I am not sure whether you can set HEADERY and FOOTERY in a style template. That would be a question for Tech Support.

cynthia

zhaosi
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi:

Cynthia, I also use the ODS RTF HEADERY and FOOTERY to solve my problem. And maybe there's really no solution in a style template. Thanks.

AllenEBingham
Calcite | Level 5

Cynthia,

I have found that the ODS RTF statments necessary to do this work "as advertised", but the same can NOT be said for the comparable statements for the ODS TAGSETS.RTF destination: in a Tech Support Track that I submitted (December 2010) regarding the headery and footery section data "command" in the ODS TAGSETS.RTF it was finally determined that there was a problem with that tagset (in Version 9.2), in that the resulting RTF file had the correct Section Data string in it to set the header and footer margin ... followed immediately by a re-setting of the headery and footery to equal the top and bottom margin. The final reply to that support track was that the support person was going to discuss the problem with development and "... expect ... to modify the tagset to change this behavior" ... and it appears to have NOT yet been fixed in Version 9.3.

FYI---Here's the snippet of the "offending" tagset code (from the 9.3 TAGSETS.RTF) --- wherein you can see that the section data is put in the RTF output file, which would include the headery footery values one might have issued in the SAS ODS statement (e.g., ods tagsets.RTF options(SECT='\headery720\footery576') --- then the headery and footery is re-set afterwards to the top/bottom margins.

put $sect_data;

put NL;

put "\headery" TOPMARGIN "\footery" BOTTOMMARGIN;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation