BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
KannanBaskar
Calcite | Level 5

Dear All,

As per the request, Output fle should be created as CSV format and it should send to E-Mail address on daily basis. In that case, My problem is size of the output file is exceeds 6 MB. So the program is unable to send a file to respective address. Could you please help me out how to compress the output CSV file before sending to E-Mail.

Please note that I am running sas program on Unix environment.

Thanks.

Kannan Baskar.

4 REPLIES 4
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

You could use a command line instruction to start up a zip program (or the Unix equivalent) to compress the CSV file into the zip file. Then, email the zip file instead of the CSV file.

There have been previous posts on using a zip utility and many posts on emailing. If you have specific questions about how to do this on Unix, you might want to work with Tech Support.

cynthia

umashankersaini
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Baskar,

use "GZIP" and "GUNZIP" command to compress related work with all type of files on unix.

Regards

Uma Shanker Saini

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Emailing such large file on a daily basis sounds like an architectural nightmare (ok, maybe I exaggerate a bit).

What kind of informations is this, and who are the recievers?

You might want to consider other alternatives for data/information distribution.

Data never sleeps
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

Just to add to Cynthia's post:

You can use a command like "filename dummy pipe '<zip command>'; "

Beginning with SAS 9.4 there is now also a zip engine which you could use: SAS(R) 9.4 Statements: Reference

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation