BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DougChar
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All,

I've very new to the use of FILE PRINT to structure data prior to outputting it as a PDF file.  I've inherited this code from someone else who is not longer with the company so asking that person is not an option.  I've tried researching this on the Internet for several days now and have not been able to find a good answer as to how to control the line spacing when I use this method to create our final report.  I'm hoping that the community knows and can help me with this.

The code that I run looks like this.

data _null_;

set rx5 end=eof;

file print;

if _n_=1 and eof=1 then do;

put @1 name_etc / @1 pat_addr1 / @1 pat_addr2 /// @1 product @60 'Quantity:' @68 disp_quan comma8.1 @87 'Days Supply:'

@98 days_sup 3. / @1 'Health Plan Cost:' @19 sv dollar10.2 @33 'Copay:' @40 copay dollar8.2 @52 'Health Plan Paid:'

@70 hplan_paid dollar10.2 @95 'Fill Date:' @106 fdate mmddyy10. / @1 lname @75 laddr / @1 doctor //// @1 sig ///

@1 'This is what your Health Plan paid:' @37 hplan_total dollar11.2 // @1 'Total Copayment:' @18 copay_total dollar10.2;

end;

The output currently comes out looking like this (sorry, masking the real output for confidentiality):

Name (HRN) - DOB: LASTNAME, FIRSTNAME MI (12334567) - MM/DD/YYYY

1234 ALOHA WAY

HONOLULU, HI  96817-1349

What I want to get rid of is the spacing between the lines above so that it looks like this:

Name (HRN) - DOB: LASTNAME, FIRSTNAME MI (12334567) - MM/DD/YYYY

1234 ALOHA WAY

HONOLULU, HI  96817-1349

If you can point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.  Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
ballardw
Super User

You should provide a data step that would provide us with a few lines of dummy data to test with.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation