BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Having read the online material on ODS RTF I understand that many of the LISTING options (headskip, headline, etc.) for PROC REPORT do not work in ODS RTF. That being said, is there an alternative to the HEADSKIP option in an ODS RTF environment?

I have some ideas how i can replicate the HEADSKIP effect but they mainly involve counting how many lines of data can fit on each page of the RTF table. Is there a better way of recreating the HEADSKIP effect on proc report with ODS RTF?

Thanks,

Ryan
5 REPLIES 5
Tim_SAS
Barite | Level 11
In markup destinations like RTF, old listing options such as HEADSKIP are replaced by style attributes. In this case, HEADSKIP puts a blank line under the column headings. You can get this effect by increasing the size of the header cells and positioning the text at the top. Something like this:

[pre]
ods rtf file="headskip.rtf";
proc report data=sashelp.class headskip nowd style(header)={height=0.5in verticalalign=top};
run;
ods rtf close;
[/pre]
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi Tim,

Thank you for the quick reply but unfortunately it did not work in my program. I got this message in my log:

494 proc report data=final nowindows split='~' center /*headline headskip*/ missing
495 style(header)={height=0.5in verticalalign=top};
______
______
______
ERROR 180-322: Statement is not valid or it is used out of proper order.

Is the vertical align option native to version 9.2? I am currently on 9.1.3.

Thanks,

Ryan
Tim_SAS
Barite | Level 11
Try vjust=top instead.
deleted_user
Not applicable
Thanks for the advice Tim, the Vjust seems to have partially fixed the problem. However it appears I may have erred and that even the HEIGHT option may not work with 9.1.3. Sorry to be a nuisance but I've been scouring the 9.1.3 documentation and the closest thing I see to HEIGHT is WIDTH but that seems to be a Listing option and not an RTF option. Is there something besides HEIGHT=0.5in that I can use in the Style(header) statement instead?

Thanks,

Ryan
deleted_user
Not applicable
Sorry to bother you Tim, I found what I needed in CELLHEIGHT.

Thanks again for your help.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation