BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
nsns
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

I am running a proc report that is going to an ods rtf file.

The table that is produced has a line on the top of the page as well as on the bottom of the page.  It seems like this is the top and bottom border of the entire table. I cannot figure out how to remove this line.

Attached is part of the code and output. Please notice the line at the top of the page and the line on the bottom of the pages. Where are these coming from and how do I get rid of them?

Thank you for your help.

6 REPLIES 6
data_null__
Jade | Level 19

I'm gonna say the lines are coming from pretext="^R/RTF'\brdrb\brdrs\brdrw10 '"}; in your COMPUTE BEFORE _PAGE_ and COMPUTE AFTER _PAGE_ blocks.

nsns
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks for the response, however, when I tried that, the COMPUTE BEFORE _PAGE_ causes the 2nd line from the top to go away. The top line is still there.

Commenting out The COMPUTE AFTER _PAGE_  did not remove the bottom line.

???

data_null__
Jade | Level 19

I guess you're on your own.

Ksharp
Super User

I guess the problem might be here :

style=[frame=hsides rules=groups font_size=8 pt cellpadding=1pt]

style(header)={ protectspecialchars=off background=_undef_}

remove rules=groups, 

also check frame=

Xia Keshan

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi,
Without rules=groups, he will probably get the interior lines from the style template being used, I don't understand why MINIMAL is used instead of JOURNAL. FRAME=VOID would get rid of ALL the lines around the outside of the TABLE. A quick test would be to change his FRAME=HSIDES to FRAME=VSIDES -- I think the line on the VERY top and VERY bottom are put there by FRAME=HSIDES. With FRAME=VSIDES, what should happen (teaching, so not on a computer with SAS right now) is that the very top and very bottom lines move to the left and right sides of the table. RULES controls the interior table lines. So if he wants a line under the column headers before the data lines, then RULES=GROUP will do that (which is what the JOURNAL style sets automatically).

cynthia

nsns
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi.  Thanks all so much  for the help.

Cynthia, I actually saw your post for something else (you have helped me on many other things as well - so thanks!) and figured out to use frame=hsides rules=groups cellspacing=0.  This actually did remove the very top and very bottom lines.   But as you mentioned, the line under the column headers before the data lines disappears.

A work around I found was a compute before, however, there is lots of space between the column headers and the line that is placed below.

compute before _page2 / style={just=l asis=on protectspecialchars=off pretext="^R/RTF'\brdrb\brdrs\brdrw10 '"};

endcomp;

Any ideas on how to get the line back in the proc report line? or how to get rid of the space from the compute text?

thanks.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation