BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
My Problem:

I'm using the ExcelXP tagest with PROC REPORT. It has done wonderfully thus far, however now I am in need of outputting a graph to my spreadsheet. I've tried to search for this and nothing has helped. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

SAS Version: 9.1.3
3 REPLIES 3
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
If you look at this forum posting:
http://support.sas.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=6094៎

You will learn that, by Microsoft design, SpreadSheetML language, which is the kind of output created by ExcelXP, doesn't support images. In fact, you should see a note in your SAS log that says:
[pre]
Excel XML does not support output from Proc:?????
Output will not be created.
[/pre]

Your only choices are to use HTML-based tagsets to create your output, such as ODS HTML or preferably, ODS MSOFFICE2K.

cynthia
deleted_user
Not applicable
Thanks Cynthia for your reply. I've gone with ODS MSOFFICE2K. I am outputting to xls, and I need device= option in my goptions. How do I know which device is correct? Thank you for your patience by the way. 🙂
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
There really is no hard and fast rule for DEVICE=. It depends on the SAS/Graph program you're using and on the kind of "bells and whistles" you've added in your code (such as ANNOTATE or GREPLAY).

If I was just doing some very straightforward SAS/Graph jobs AND I wanted the graphical output to be in Excel, I would probably pick one of these device drivers:
[pre]
DEVICE=ACTIVEX
DEVICE=ACTXIMG
DEVICE=PNG
[/pre]

Personally, I like the look and feel of ActiveX graphs and the ACTXIMG driver gives you the look and feel of ACTIVEX graphics, but without the interactivity.

On the other hand, if you already have a fairly complex SAS/Graph program that looks just the way you want it, then you might be happy with
[pre]
DEVICE=GIF
DEVICE=JPEG
DEVICE=PNG
[/pre]

The Tech Support White paper http://support.sas.com/techsup/technote/ts674/ts674.html
might be another good resource -- it outlines a ton of good information on using SAS/Graph output with Microsoft Office.

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation