BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
karthigao
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi I am trying to create excel work book for patient profile, there are around 25 sheets each sheets has common variable subject in the first column and first sheet contains list of all subject. what I am trying to achieve is, if I filter for subject (one or many) in first sheet  the filter should be auto applied to all the sheets on the subject Variable.

Is it possible to Achieve in SAS? I tried my best searching everywhere but not able get answers. Please help.

5 REPLIES 5
Reeza
Super User
Is this possible in Excel? If so, how do you accomplish this in Excel?
karthigao
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Reeza,

In excel we could accomplish this using VBA and each time we have to enter the Subject(s) manually in the VBA code and it filters all the the sheet, If you need I can share the VBA code.

Reeza
Super User
I would create a template Excel workbook, with tables and slicers that link to the tables. Click on a slicer and the tables & pivots should filter.

Then have SAS copy the Excel file and export to the tables which will autosize.

Haven't done this in a while so not sure it works but it used to...
Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

Hello @karthigao 
Your question is very interesting.
Posting in appropriate Excel/Microsoft forums may be more helpful.

Reeza
Super User
Even in Excel, enabling Slicers that point at Tables could be another option. VBA seems a touch outdated, but it depends on the complexity of the reports.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation