BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Break the process into steps to figure out which one is causing the issue.

Expand the XLSX file into actual files (using UNZIP).

Rebuild it into  a new file (using ZIP).

Does it still work?  If not then perhaps the changes are not compatible with what Excel wants.

Then introduce making the changes. 

Try making the changes without SAS.

Try making the changes with SAS, but only one file at a time (perhaps it is the MEMNAME= file option that is confused).

Then try making the changes in the original XLSX file.  Perhaps it is the ZIP engine.

jimbarbour
Meteorite | Level 14

Break the process into steps to figure out which one is causing the issue.

That was the first thing I tried.  No luck.  No combination of run order of the steps separated out individually works.  Each combination of steps all produce one kind of error or another, typically the CRC check failure but sometimes "file is not a zip file" also occurs.  In fact, the reason I combined all the update steps and used a Memvar was to see if somehow the CRC error might be resolved if all updates/adds were in one Data step.  No luck; neither individual Data steps nor a combined all-in-one Data step worked.

Expand the XLSX file into actual files (using UNZIP).

Rebuild it into  a new file (using ZIP).

Does it still work?  If not then perhaps the changes are not compatible with what Excel wants.

I can't expand the xlsx file if updates have been applied.  Well, I can open it, but many of the component XML files inside get a CRC error and cannot be opened.

However, I created a xlsx file using the SASHELP.Class data set and Proc Export.  I unzipped everything and manually applied updates to the XML using ordinary Windows Notepad.  After the manual updates, I zipped everything up.  Everything worked fine.  The resultant xlsx file opens in Excel, displays the Class data correctly, and has the "External" label applied correctly.  This would seem to confirm that the SAS zip engine is having some kind of problem.

I've also, using SAS, made one change at a time.  If I do only one of the four changes, it works fine at least in the sense that I can see the expected XML in the zip archive.  However, if I try to do multiple updates, no matter what order I do them in, I get CRC errors.  Individually, they work fine.  Taken together, Excel cannot open the file, and I can't unzip the XML components inside the xlsx due to CRC errors.

Everything seems to be pointing to a SAS zip engine error.

Jim

Edit:  I have a sneaking suspicion that SAS may be just updating the files inside the Zip archive without re-calculating the checksums, possibly causing the apparent out-of-sync type messages I'm getting that state that the central and local directory have CRC-32 check sums that are different.  I haven't found it yet, but if there were a way to force the SAS Zip engine to recalculate all the CRC-32 check sums, that might correct the problem.  I'm sure that WinZip calculates all the CRC-32 check sums afresh when I zip everything up.  

jimbarbour_0-1667801982655.png

jimbarbour
Meteorite | Level 14

I suppose, since it at least appears to be a SAS Zip engine issue, that I ought to open a new thread.  I can't really address the ODS issue -- which I think is essentially solved -- until the Zip issue is resolved.

Jim

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

@jimbarbour wrote:

I suppose, since it at least appears to be a SAS Zip engine issue, that I ought to open a new thread.  I can't really address the ODS issue -- which I think is essentially solved -- until the Zip issue is resolved.

Jim

If you have an reproducible issue with the ZIP engine then open a ticket with SAS support and see if they can figure out waht is happening.  They might know of a work around, or at least it gets on their list of known issues and so might get fixed in the future.

jimbarbour
Meteorite | Level 14

@Tom wrote:

If you have an reproducible issue with the ZIP engine then open a ticket with SAS support and see if they can figure out waht is happening.  They might know of a work around, or at least it gets on their list of known issues and so might get fixed in the future.

I just created a thread specific to the Zip engine issue.  I'm hoping that someone may have already encountered this and already have a work-around.  If not, then opening a support ticket is definitely the next step.

Jim

jimbarbour
Meteorite | Level 14

I was able to create a work-around for the SAS Zip engine CRC-32 check sum problems.  See https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Programming/SAS-Zip-Engine-Problem-CRC32-Checksum-Error/m-p/84291...

Things are now working.  I'll post code once I get things cleaned up and organized.

Jim

jimbarbour
Meteorite | Level 14

@Tom@ballardw, @ChrisHemedinger, and @Kurt_Bremser 

If it is of continued interest, I wrote a macro to set the custom properties in Excel.  I was able to get around the CRC-32 checksum issue that I was having by extracting all the embedded xml files inside the xlsx file, changing the xml as needed, and then zipping all the updated xml into a replacement xlsx file.

My macro sets the "Sensitivity" custom property to either Internal or External.  It requires a file_name, path, and label value (Internal or External).  Example:  %set_sensitivity_label(&Path, &File_Name, Label=External);

Code is below.  There are also two subordinate macros, one to extract the xml members from the original xlsx and another to add the updated xml members to the new xlsx.

I hope it is of interest.  The custom property itself may not be interesting, but an example of how to extract, update, and replace xlsx components might be useful.

Jim

/*------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
/*	Macro:	set_sensitivity_label
/*	Author: Jim Barbour 
/*	Date:	08 November 2022
/*	Info:	This macro will set the sensitivity label on an Excel xlsx file to
/*			either "Internal" or "External".
/*
/*			The sensitivity label is an Excel custom property that is required
/*			for all Excel xlsx files.  This macro will set the label to either 
/*			"Internal" or "External" based on the arguments passed in when the 
/*			macro is called.  If the Excel xlsx file does not exist, this macro
/*			will create a skeleton file for you.  When you populate the file 
/*			with actual data, make sure that you do not delete or overlay the 
/*			skeleton.  For example, on Proc Export, code the REPLACE option.
/*			If you cannot run without deleting or overlaying the skeleton, then
/*			run this macro *after* you populate your Excel xlsx file.
/*			If this macro creates the Excel xlsx file, a sheet named "Placehoder"
/*			will be created.  You may delete this sheet at your convenience.
/*------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
/*									CHANGE LOG
/*	Name:	Jim Barbour				Date:  08 November 2022
/*	Info:	Original implementation.

%MACRO	set_sensitivity_label(Path 		/*	The Path to your Excel xlsx file.	*/,
							File_Name	/*	The name of your Excel xlsx file.	*/,
							Label=Internal	/*	Either Internal or External.	*/,
							Debug=NO	/*	YES=on NO=off for debug logging.	*/,
							Width=42	/*	Sets the display width for logging.	*/
							);
	%LOCAL	Slash;
	%LOCAL	Path_File;
	%LOCAL	lCmnt;
	%LOCAL	i;
	%LOCAL	Nte1;
	%LOCAL	Nte2;
	%LOCAL	Warn1;
	%LOCAL	Warn2;
	%LOCAL	Err1;
	%LOCAL	Err2;

%LET	Nte1					=	NOTE:;
	%LET	Nte2					=	NOTE-;
	%LET	Warn1					=	WARNING:;
	%LET	Warn2					=	WARNING-;
	%LET	Err1					=	ERROR:;
	%LET	Err2					=	ERROR-;

OPTION		DLCREATEDIR;

%IF	%QUPCASE(&Debug)			=	YES			%THEN
		%DO;
			%PUT	&Nte1  Debug is ON in macro &SYSMACRONAME;
			%LET	lCmnt			=	;
		%END;
	%ELSE
		%DO;
			%LET	lCmnt			=	*;
		%END;

%IF	%BQUOTE(&Label)				^=	%BQUOTE()	%THEN
		%DO;
			%IF	%QUPCASE(&Label)	=	INTERNAL	OR
				%QUPCASE(&Label)	=	EXTERNAL	%THEN
				%DO;
					%&lCmnt.PUT	&Nte1  Setting Sensitivity Label to &Label;
				%END;
			%ELSE
				%DO;
					%IF	&SYSCC		<	4			%THEN
						%DO;
							%LET	SYSCC	=	4;
						%END;
					%PUT	&Warn1  Invalid value for Sensitivity Label: &Label;
					%PUT	&Warn2  Defaulting to Internal;
					%LET	Label	=	Internal;
				%END;
		%END;
	%ELSE
		%DO;
			%PUT	&Nte1  Sensitivity Label is blank.;
			%PUT	&Nte2  Defaulting Sensitivity Label to Internal;
			%LET	Label			=	Internal;
		%END;

%**	Set slash to a back slash for Windows or a forward slash for LINUX/UNIX	**;
	%LET	Slash					=	%SYSFUNC(IFC(%EVAL(&SYSSCP = WIN),\,/));
	%LET	Path_File				=	&Path.&Slash&File_Name;

%**	If the file does not exist, create the file.	**;
	%IF	%SYSFUNC(FILEEXIST(&Path_File))	%THEN
		%DO;
			%PUT	&Nte1  File &Path_File already exists, so a file was not created.;
		%END;
	%ELSE
		%DO;
			%PUT	&Nte1  Creating an XLSX skeleton file as follows:  &Path_File;
			DATA	WORK.Skeleton;
				Placeholder			=	' ';
			RUN;
			PROC	EXPORT	DATA=WORK.Skeleton	FILE="&Path_File"	REPLACE	DBMS=xlsx;
				SHEET				=	'Placeholder';
			RUN;
			PROC	DELETE	DATA=WORK.Skeleton;
		%END;

%IF	NOT	%SYSFUNC(LIBREF(XLSX_In))	%THEN
		%DO;
			FILENAME	XLSX_In	CLEAR;
		%END;

%&lCmnt.PUT	&Nte1  Assigning filename &Path_File;
	FILENAME	XLSX_In	ZIP	"&Path_File";

%**	Read the internal contents of the XLSX file and create a macro array.	**;
	DATA	_NULL_;
		LENGTH	MemName	$200;
		FID							=	DOPEN("XLSX_In");
		IF	NOT	FID	THEN
			STOP;
		MemCount					=	DNUM(FID);
		DO	_i						=	1	TO	MemCount;
			MemName					=	DREAD(FID, _i);
			CALL	SYMPUTX(CATS("Member", _i), STRIP(MemName), 'G');
		END;
		CALL	SYMPUTX('MemCount', STRIP(PUT(MemCount, 3.)), 	'G');
		_RC							=	DCLOSE(FID);
	RUN;

%**	Iterate through the macro array and extract the internal XML components	**;
	%DO	i							=	1	%TO	&MemCount;
		%&lCmnt.PUT	&Nte1  &=i  Extracting &&Member&i;
		%Extract_Member(&&Member&i, Debug=&Debug);
	%END;

%**-------------------------------------------------------------------------**;
	%**                            Relationships 								**;
	%**	Read in the .rels relationships file, add a reference to custom.xml, 	**;
	%**	and write out a file containing the modified .rels xml					**;
	%&lCmnt.PUT	&Nte1  Creating %SYSFUNC(GETOPTION(WORK))&Slash._rels&Slash..rels;
	FILENAME	XML_Out	"%SYSFUNC(GETOPTION(WORK))&Slash._rels&Slash..rels";
	DATA	_NULL_;
		RETAIN	_No_Custom_XML	1;
		FILE	XML_Out;
		INFILE	XLSX_In(_rels/.rels)	LENGTH=SAS_Length;
		INPUT	Line	$VARYING32767.	SAS_Length;
		IF	INDEX(UPCASE(Line),'CUSTOM.XML')	THEN
			DO;
				&lCmnt.PUTLOG	"&Nte1  Custom.xml already exists _rels/.rels";
				_No_Custom_XML	=	0;
			END;
		_Position						=	FIND(Line, '</relationships>', 'i');
		IF	_Position							AND
			_No_Custom_XML						THEN
			DO;
				&lCmnt.PUTLOG	"&Nte1  Adding custom.xml entry to _rels&Slash..rels";
				SUBSTR(Line,_Position)	=	'<Relationship Id="rId4" Type="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/officeDocument/2006/relationships/custom-properties" Target="docProps/custom.xml"/></Relationships>';
			END;
		PUT	Line;
	RUN;

%**                               Content Types        						**;
	%**	Read in the Content Types XML file, add a reference to custom.xml, and 	**;
	%**	write out a file containing the modified Content Types XML.				**;
	%&lCmnt.PUT	&Nte1  Creating %SYSFUNC(GETOPTION(WORK))&Slash.[Content_Types].xml;
	FILENAME	XML_Out	"%SYSFUNC(GETOPTION(WORK))&Slash.[Content_Types].xml";
	DATA	_NULL_;
		RETAIN	_No_Custom_XML	1;
		FILE	XML_Out;
		INFILE	XLSX_In([Content_Types].xml)	LENGTH=SAS_Length;
		INPUT	Line	$VARYING32767.	SAS_Length;
		IF	INDEX(UPCASE(Line),'CUSTOM.XML')	THEN
			DO;
				&lCmnt.PUTLOG	"&Nte1  Custom.xml already exists in Content Types.";
				_No_Custom_XML	=	0;
			END;
		_Position	=	FIND(Line, '</Types>', 'i');
		IF	_Position							AND
			_No_Custom_XML						THEN
			DO;
				&lCmnt.PUTLOG	"&Nte1  Adding custom.xml entry to [Content_Types].xml";
				SUBSTR(Line,_Position)	=	'<Override PartName="/docProps/custom.xml" ContentType="application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.custom-properties+xml"/></Types>';
			END;
		PUT	Line;
	RUN;

%**                                Custom.XML 								**;
	%**	Create a file that contains the custom XML that will set the 			**;
	%**	label to either External or Internal									**;
	OPTIONS	NOQUOTELENMAX;
	%&lCmnt.PUT	&Nte1  Creating %SYSFUNC(GETOPTION(WORK))&Slash.docProps&Slash.custom.xml;
	FILENAME	XML_Out	"%SYSFUNC(GETOPTION(WORK))&Slash.docProps&Slash.custom.xml";
	DATA	_NULL_;
		FILE	XML_Out;
		PUT		'<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>'; 
		%IF	%QUPCASE(&Label)			=	EXTERNAL	%THEN
			%DO;
				&lCmnt.PUTLOG	"&Nte1  Setting Label to External in custom.xml";
				PUT	'<Properties xmlns="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/officeDocument/2006/custom-properties" xmlns:vt="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/officeDocument/2006/docPropsVTypes"><property fmtid="{D5CDD505-2E9C-101B-9397-08002B2CF9AE}" pid="2" name="MSIP_Label_320f21ee-9bdc-4991-8abe-58f53448e302_Enabled"><vt:lpwstr>true</vt:lpwstr></property><property fmtid="{D5CDD505-2E9C-101B-9397-08002B2CF9AE}" pid="3" name="MSIP_Label_320f21ee-9bdc-4991-8abe-58f53448e302_SetDate"><vt:lpwstr>2022-11-05T21:48:26Z</vt:lpwstr></property><property fmtid="{D5CDD505-2E9C-101B-9397-08002B2CF9AE}" pid="4" name="MSIP_Label_320f21ee-9bdc-4991-8abe-58f53448e302_Method"><vt:lpwstr>Privileged</vt:lpwstr></property><property fmtid="{D5CDD505-2E9C-101B-9397-08002B2CF9AE}" pid="5" name="MSIP_Label_320f21ee-9bdc-4991-8abe-58f53448e302_Name"><vt:lpwstr>External Label</vt:lpwstr></property><property fmtid="{D5CDD505-2E9C-101B-9397-08002B2CF9AE}" pid="6" name="MSIP_Label_320f21ee-9bdc-4991-8abe-58f53448e302_SiteId"><vt:lpwstr>db05faca-c82a-4b9d-b9c5-0f64b6755421</vt:lpwstr></property><property fmtid="{D5CDD505-2E9C-101B-9397-08002B2CF9AE}" pid="7" name="MSIP_Label_320f21ee-9bdc-4991-8abe-58f53448e302_ActionId"><vt:lpwstr>6d6ffa67-7505-4457-b8c1-4592fb83e3c9</vt:lpwstr></property><property fmtid="{D5CDD505-2E9C-101B-9397-08002B2CF9AE}" pid="8" name="MSIP_Label_320f21ee-9bdc-4991-8abe-58f53448e302_ContentBits"><vt:lpwstr>0</vt:lpwstr></property></Properties>';
			%END;
		%ELSE
			%DO;
				&lCmnt.PUTLOG	"&Nte1  Setting Label to Internal in custom.xml";
				PUT		'<Properties xmlns="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/officeDocument/2006/custom-properties" xmlns:vt="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/officeDocument/2006/docPropsVTypes"><property fmtid="{D5CDD505-2E9C-101B-9397-08002B2CF9AE}" pid="2" name="MSIP_Label_a8a73c85-e524-44a6-bd58-7df7ef87be8f_Enabled"><vt:lpwstr>true</vt:lpwstr></property><property fmtid="{D5CDD505-2E9C-101B-9397-08002B2CF9AE}" pid="3" name="MSIP_Label_a8a73c85-e524-44a6-bd58-7df7ef87be8f_SetDate"><vt:lpwstr>2022-11-09T06:26:58Z</vt:lpwstr></property><property fmtid="{D5CDD505-2E9C-101B-9397-08002B2CF9AE}" pid="4" name="MSIP_Label_a8a73c85-e524-44a6-bd58-7df7ef87be8f_Method"><vt:lpwstr>Privileged</vt:lpwstr></property><property fmtid="{D5CDD505-2E9C-101B-9397-08002B2CF9AE}" pid="5" name="MSIP_Label_a8a73c85-e524-44a6-bd58-7df7ef87be8f_Name"><vt:lpwstr>Internal Label</vt:lpwstr></property><property fmtid="{D5CDD505-2E9C-101B-9397-08002B2CF9AE}" pid="6" name="MSIP_Label_a8a73c85-e524-44a6-bd58-7df7ef87be8f_SiteId"><vt:lpwstr>db05faca-c82a-4b9d-b9c5-0f64b6755421</vt:lpwstr></property><property fmtid="{D5CDD505-2E9C-101B-9397-08002B2CF9AE}" pid="7" name="MSIP_Label_a8a73c85-e524-44a6-bd58-7df7ef87be8f_ActionId"><vt:lpwstr>70034016-ca32-40c6-a2a6-65d62c0d22d6</vt:lpwstr></property><property fmtid="{D5CDD505-2E9C-101B-9397-08002B2CF9AE}" pid="8" name="MSIP_Label_a8a73c85-e524-44a6-bd58-7df7ef87be8f_ContentBits"><vt:lpwstr>0</vt:lpwstr></property></Properties>';
			%END;
	RUN;

%LET	No_Custom_XML				=	1;

%**	Open an ODS Package that will be used to create a new XLSX file that will replace the original XLSX file.	**;
	ODS	PACKAGE(New_XLSX)	OPEN	NOPF;

%DO	i								=	1	%TO	&MemCount;
		%IF	%SYSFUNC(INDEX(%UPCASE(&&Member&i),CUSTOM.XML))	%THEN
			%DO;
				%&lCmnt.PUT	&Nte1  Custom.xml already exists in the macro array.;
				%LET	No_Custom_XML	=	0;
			%END;
		%Add_Member(&&Member&i);
	%END;

%**	Add new XML file for custom properties if it does not already exist.	**;
	%IF	&No_Custom_XML	%THEN
		%DO;
			%&lCmnt.PUT	&Nte1  Adding new Custom.xml to XLSX file.;
			%Add_Member(docProps/custom.xml);
		%END;

%**	Create the new XLSX file that will replace the original XLSX file.		**;	
	ODS	PACKAGE(New_XLSX)	PUBLISH	ARCHIVE
		PROPERTIES(
			ARCHIVE_NAME				=	"&File_Name"
			ARCHIVE_PATH				=	"&Path"
			);

ODS	PACKAGE(New_XLSX)	CLOSE;

%PUT	&Nte2;
	%PUT	&Nte2  +---------------------------------------------------------------------------------+;
	%PUT	&Nte1  | Label has been set to &Label for &File_Name;
	%PUT	&Nte2  |       --- End of macro &SYSMACRONAME ---;
	%PUT	&Nte2  +---------------------------------------------------------------------------------+;
	%PUT	&Nte2;
%MEND	set_sensitivity_label;
/*	Macro:	extract_member
/*	Info:	This macro extracts the internal XML compoents from an xlsx file.
/*			This macro should be called from macro set_sensitivity_level.
/*									CHANGE LOG

%MACRO	extract_member(Member, Debug=NO);
	%LOCAL	j;
	%LOCAL	lCmnt;

%IF	%QUPCASE(&Debug)				=	YES	%THEN
		%DO;
			%LET	lCmnt				=	;
		%END;
	%ELSE
		%DO;
			%LET	lCmnt				=	*;
		%END;

%**	Parse out the directory portion of each Member.	**;
	%LET	Slash_Count					=	%SYSFUNC(COUNT(&Member,/));
	%LET	Last_Slash					=	%SYSFUNC(FINDC(%SYSFUNC(REVERSE(&Member)),/));
	%LET	Member_Length				=	%SYSFUNC(LENGTHN(&Member));
	%LET	Dir_End						=	%EVAL(&Member_Length - &Last_Slash);
	%LET	Save_Dir					=	;
	%&lCmnt.PUT	&Nte1  &=Member  &=Member_Length  &=Slash_Count  &=Last_Slash  &=Dir_End;

%**	Allocate any needed directories using "dummy" Libnames with the DLCREATEDIR option.	**;
	%IF	&Slash_Count					>	0	%THEN
		%DO	j							=	1	%TO	&Slash_Count;
			%&lCmnt.PUT	&Nte1  &=j Allocating any needed directories;
			%IF	NOT	%SYSFUNC(LIBREF(Temp_Lib))	%THEN
				%DO;
					LIBNAME	Temp_Lib	CLEAR;
				%END;
			%LET	Mem_Dir				=	%SYSFUNC(SCAN(&Member,&j,/));
			%&lCmnt.PUT	&Nte1  &=Mem_Dir resulting from scan of &Member for &=j;
			%IF	&j						=	1	%THEN
				%DO;
					%&lCmnt.PUT	&Nte1  &=j (j should be 1 here);
					%LET	Lib_Path	=	%SYSFUNC(GETOPTION(WORK))&Slash%SYSFUNC(TRANWRD(&Mem_Dir,/,&Slash));
				%END;
			%ELSE
				%DO;
					%&lCmnt.PUT	&Nte1  &=j;
					%LET	Lib_Path	=	%SYSFUNC(GETOPTION(WORK))&Save_Dir&Slash%SYSFUNC(TRANWRD(&Mem_Dir,/,&Slash));
				%END;
			%&lCmnt.PUT	&Nte1  &=Mem_Dir		&=Lib_Path;
			LIBNAME	Temp_Lib		"&Lib_Path";
			%LET	Save_Dir			=	&Save_Dir&Slash&Mem_Dir;
			%PUT	&Nte1  &=Save_Dir;
		%END;
	%ELSE
		%DO;
			%LET	Mem_Dir				=	;
		%END;
	%&lCmnt.PUT	&Nte1  All directories allocated for &=Member;

%**	Allocate the output XML file.	**;
	FILENAME	XML_Out	"%SYSFUNC(GETOPTION(WORK))&Slash%SYSFUNC(TRANWRD(&Member,/,&Slash))" ;
	%&lCmnt.PUT	&Nte1  Extracting %SYSFUNC(GETOPTION(WORK))&Slash%SYSFUNC(TRANWRD(&Member,/,&Slash));

%**	Extract and write out each XML file embedded in the XLSX file.	**;
	DATA	_NULL_;
		INFILE	XLSX_In(&Member)		LRECL	=	256		LENGTH	=	SAS_Length
										RECFM	=	F		EOF		=	EOF	UNBUF;
		FILE	XML_Out					LRECL	=	256		RECFM	=	N;
		INPUT;
		PUT	_INFILE_	$VARYING256.	SAS_Length;
		RETURN;
		EOF:
			STOP;
	RUN;
%MEND	extract_member;
/*	Macro:	add_member
/*	Info:	This macro adds internal XML components to an xlsx file.
/*			This macro should be called from macro set_sensitivity_level.
/*									CHANGE LOG

%MACRO	add_member(Member, Debug=NO);
	%LOCAL	Slash_Count;
	%LOCAL	Last_Slash;
	%LOCAL	Dir_End;
	%LOCAL	Dir_Path;
	%LOCAL	lCmnt;

%IF	%QUPCASE(&Debug)			=	YES	%THEN
		%DO;
			%LET	lCmnt			=	;
		%END;
	%ELSE
		%DO;
			%LET	lCmnt			=	*;
		%END;

%LET	Slash_Count				=	%SYSFUNC(COUNT(&Member,/));
	%LET	Member_Length			=	%SYSFUNC(LENGTHN(&Member));
	%IF		&Slash_Count			>	0	%THEN
		%DO;
			%LET	Last_Slash		=	%SYSFUNC(FINDC(%SYSFUNC(REVERSE(&Member)),/));
			%LET	Dir_End			=	%EVAL(&Member_Length - &Last_Slash);
			%LET	Dir_Path		=	%SYSFUNC(SUBSTR(&Member,1,&Dir_End));
		%END;
	%ELSE
		%DO;
			%LET	Last_Slash		=	0;
			%LET	Dir_End			=	0;
			%LET	Dir_Path		=	;
		%END;
	%&lCmnt.PUT	&Nte1  &=Member  &=Member_Length  &=Last_Slash  &=Dir_End	&=Dir_Path;

%DO;	
		ODS	PACKAGE(New_XLSX)	ADD	FILE="%SYSFUNC(GETOPTION(WORK))&Slash&Member"	PATH="&Dir_Path";
	%END;
%MEND	add_member;

jimbarbour
Meteorite | Level 14

One advantage of having a macro to make changes to a Zip archive is that one can apply bulk changes to a Windows or UNIX/Linux directory.  One would iterate through the directory, set the arguments, and call the macro for each Zip file in the directory.

If one needed to apply a mass change to all Excel (or other Zip archives) in a directory, this could be quite handy.

Jim

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 22 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 4 in conversation