BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
KimLeBouton
Quartz | Level 8
I’m going through a branding exercise with all of my PDF reports. I need to use the “Century Gothic” font. In addition, my client needs to be able to edit their PDF file using Adobe Acrobat Touch Up Text Tool. The original reports used the default ODS style shipped with SAS 9.13. I did not even need to touch PROC TEMPLATE. There were no problems editing these reports with Adobe Acrobat.

I’m learning more about True Type Fonts than I had ever planned. If I view FONTS in the Control Panel, I see the following:

Century Gothic (TrueType)
Century Gothic Bold (TrueType)
Century Gothic Bold Italic (TrueType)

Using http://support.sas.com/kb/10/970.html, I’ve run the following code to ensure that the SAS registry is updated.

proc fontreg;
fontpath "%sysget(systemroot)\fonts";
run;

I receive the following message:

SUMMARY:
Files processed: 298
Unusable files: 30
Files identified as fonts: 268
Fonts that were processed: 268
Fonts replaced in the SAS registry: 0
Fonts added to the SAS registry: 0
Fonts that could not be used: 268

Using the following simple code, I can only edit the header with Touch Up Text Tool (Adobe Acrobat V6, V8 or V9):

proc report data=sashelp.class nowd
style(REPORT)={font_face=' Century Gothic'}
style(HEADER)={font_face=' Century Gothic'}
style(COLUMN)={font_face=' Century Gothic'}
;
run;

I can also edit the title using the following statement:

Title h=13pt j=left f="Century Gothic" c=black bold "Example";

From Adobe Acrobat, I get the following error message when I try to edit the report, I receive "All or part of selection has no available system font. You cannot add or delete text using the currently select font."

What am I missing? I have ordered a Dummies Guide to Adobe Acrobat that hasn't showed up yet--but maybe today.

On the upside, the report looks nice.

Kim
1 REPLY 1
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi, Kim:
When you open a track with Tech Support, if they don't know the answer, they will bump your question to the PDF folks. That may get you a more useful resolution.

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation