BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
alr
Quartz | Level 8 alr
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

I have generated some RTF reports with SAS on MVS (z/OS).

They are in a library D8878.CX999.PO like:
D8878.CX999.PO(RAP001)
D8878.CX999.PO(RAP002)
D8878.CX999.PO(RAP200)

The content of the reports are pure rtf (text):
{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\uc1\deff0\deflang1030\deflangfe1030
{\fonttbl
{\f1\fswiss\fprq2\fcharset0 Arial;}
{\f2\fmodern\fprq1\fcharset0 Courier;}
}{\colortbl;
\red0\green0\blue0;
\red0\green0\blue255;
\red0\green255\blue255;

Is it possible to make a link for download of these file with SAS IntNet which runs at the same server (MVS / z/Os)? Using FTP or proc download?

I’m using SAS IntrNet is version 8.2 on z/Os.

I can make a program on host that email these reports to me but I would like to have a link so users can download the reports whenever they want.

Can anyone refer me to a relevant article about this?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

You may want to work with Tech Support on this. As I remember when working with SAS IntrNet back in V8, you needed:

data _null_;

** program to call APPSRV_HEADER function;

run;

ods rtf body=_webout;

** your code;

ods rtf close;

And, then you had to register your program in the Application Dispatcher Library. You then either added the URL to call the program to your own web page, or you made an HTML form and you called the Dispatcher program via URL. I think there are examples in the SAS/IntrNet Developer's Guide for 8.2.

cynthia

alr
Quartz | Level 8 alr
Quartz | Level 8

Dear Cynthia,

Thank you.

I can make a report in SAS IntrNet. (I can register my program in Application Dispatcher Library and ….)

My challenge is to make a link to an already existing RTF code on the host and just download the RTF code via browser. I don’t want to make a RTF file with SAS IntrNet but just download an existing file.

So the question is: how to download a file from host with SAS IntrNet (in my case the file is some RTF code).

For example something like proc download - if it was from a PC SAS.

I hope the above make sense.

Regards

Al

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

I guess  I don't understand what you mean, exactly. The whole point of having a URL is to be able to have your browser go "fetch" a document. So this:

http://www.server.com/main/reports/index.html will cause your browser to go get the "index.html" file and load it into your browser.

But when you have a URL like this:

http://www.server.com/main/reports/somefile.rtf as a URL, when the browser sees the .RTF extension, most browsers will pop open a dialog box asking if you want to Open or Save the RTF file.

How do you envision people seeing this link? In the title or footnote of another report or document????

cynthia.

alr
Quartz | Level 8 alr
Quartz | Level 8

Dear Cynthia,
I want to have a page with link to the reports. So my users can download the files.

Something like:

data _null_;
   file _webout;
   put '<a href="D8878.CX999.PO(RAP001)">Report 1</a>';
run;

D8878.CX999.PO(RAP001) is just a text file on mainframe with some RTF code:
{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\uc1\deff0\deflang1030\deflangfe1030
{\fonttbl
{\f1\fswiss\fprq2\fcharset0 Arial;}
{\f2\fmodern\fprq1\fcharset0 Courier;}
}{\colortbl;
…..

But the above link (href=….) does not work.

I think I have to use ftp or proc download to get the file [D8878.CX999.PO(RAP001)] from mainframe. But I’m not sure if it is possible to do so with SAS IntrNet.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation