BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Dario_Morales
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Community,

I'm running SAS 9.2, and I'm trying to display three different graphs horizontally, each of them from a different data set.

The code is this:

proc sgplot data=output_E;
series x=ORDEN_E y=E / lineattrs=(color=blue);
run;

proc sgplot data=output_M;
series x=maturity y=M / lineattrs=(color=red);
run;

proc sgplot data=output_V;
series x=ORDEN_V y=V / lineattrs=(color=green);
run;

And the output I get is this:

E.png

M.png

V.png

What I want is to display it like this:

E.pngM.pngV.png

I'm modifying the linear drift of each plot simultaneously, so that's why I want to see them in the same line, in order to compare how changes in the linear drift affects the series.

Thank you very much for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Yes, maybe your version then.  What do you mean by " in the SAS Report format"?  Do you mean the output window?  If so then your not likely to get it there.  The output window is a very basic output system - has only just moved to HTML to get any kind of formatting at all.  Its not the place to be creating proper reports.  To get full functionality output to a file, one of the many types.

What you could try is putting your three datasets together, with a column for the differentiation, and then proc sgpanel'ing them:

data want;
  set output_e (in=a rename=(orden_e=x e_original=y)) 
       output_m (in=b rename=...) 
       output_v (in=c rename=...);
  if a then group="Abc";
  else if b then group="Def";
  else group="Ghi";
run;

proc sgpanel data=want;
  panelby group;
  series x=x y=y;
run;

Oh, and move up to 9.4, many good things extra! 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Dario_Morales
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi RW9,

First of all, thank you for your fast response.

I have been trying both options you suggested with no success...

For some reason the option gridded in the ods layout statement doesn't work for me (I don't know if it is a problem of the SAS version [9.2] or the package required for the statement, for example I have not the IML package). I'm trying to run the code:

ods pdf file='Desktop\gridded.pdf';
ods layout gridded
columns=3 width=5in
column_gutter=.25in
style={background=lightgray};

ods region;
proc sgplot data=output_E;
series x=ORDEN_E y=E_original / lineattrs=(color=blue);
run;

ods region;
proc sgplot data=output_M;
series x=maturity y=M_original / lineattrs=(color=red);
run;

ods region;
proc sgplot data=output_V;
series x=ORDEN_V y=V_original / lineattrs=(color=green);
run;

ods layout end;
ods pdf close;

And I get several errors when trying:

Error1.png

error 2.png

I'm sorry about the mix of spanish and english in the log, hope they have fixed that in posterior SAS versions.

Another point is that I would like to do this in the SAS Report format, because I don't need to create a file for the results.

The greplay statement seems to have the same issue, that an output pdf file is required in order to show the results... I have tried to do it that way and I managed to show 6 graphs in 3 columns and 2 rows, but it is not very practical for my purpose...

Anyway, thank you very much for your response!

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Yes, maybe your version then.  What do you mean by " in the SAS Report format"?  Do you mean the output window?  If so then your not likely to get it there.  The output window is a very basic output system - has only just moved to HTML to get any kind of formatting at all.  Its not the place to be creating proper reports.  To get full functionality output to a file, one of the many types.

What you could try is putting your three datasets together, with a column for the differentiation, and then proc sgpanel'ing them:

data want;
  set output_e (in=a rename=(orden_e=x e_original=y)) 
       output_m (in=b rename=...) 
       output_v (in=c rename=...);
  if a then group="Abc";
  else if b then group="Def";
  else group="Ghi";
run;

proc sgpanel data=want;
  panelby group;
  series x=x y=y;
run;

Oh, and move up to 9.4, many good things extra! 

Dario_Morales
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi RW9,

Thank you once more for your response.

What I meant with SAS Report format, was the format of the Results window, the option you can choose from Enterprise Guide

Tools > Options > Results > Results general

report.png

The last option you suggested works almost great, I had to apply the columns=3 option in the panelby statement but the axis are being displayed identically for three plots, so I am losing vision here:

sgpanel.png

Anyway, this is the best approach so far, thank you very much for your time!

At the end I had to export the results to an xls file, set the linear drift as a parameter and run VBA in order to make the plots dynamic...

I'm considering moving up to 9.4 soon!

ballardw
Super User

I don't believe ODS layout gridded is supported in SAS 9.2. You may want to investigate Layout gridded and/or layout overlay in the Graph Template Language.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation