BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
dustychair
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi all,

I have multiple result sets that I saved using OneWayFreqs and I want to export them to one excel file with multiple sheets. Could you help me with that?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

Quickest way is to wrap your code in ODS EXCEL.

ods excel file="/home/reeza/demo/myfiles.xlsx" options(sheet_interval='proc') style=meadow;

proc freq data=sashelp.class;
table sex*age;
run;

proc freq data=sashelp.cars;
table origin*cylinders;
run;

ods excel close;

@dustychair wrote:

Hi all,

I have multiple result sets that I saved using OneWayFreqs and I want to export them to one excel file with multiple sheets. Could you help me with that?

Thanks

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Athenkosi
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

Before I give you a solution I just want to make sure that I understand your problem. So your results sets are stored in multiple dataset or in one?

dustychair
Pyrite | Level 9
Results are saved in multiple datasets.
Reeza
Super User

Quickest way is to wrap your code in ODS EXCEL.

ods excel file="/home/reeza/demo/myfiles.xlsx" options(sheet_interval='proc') style=meadow;

proc freq data=sashelp.class;
table sex*age;
run;

proc freq data=sashelp.cars;
table origin*cylinders;
run;

ods excel close;

@dustychair wrote:

Hi all,

Thanks

dustychair
Pyrite | Level 9

Thank you so much for taking care of my question. This code is doing something weird. It is saving them in the excel file but the name of the file and content of the file doesn't match. For example file's name is comprehension but there are literacy results inside. You can find what I have done. 

%macro intd (s);
ods excel file="C:\Projects\pl_by_cluster_&s..xlsx" options(sheet_interval='proc') style=meadow;

data a501_&s._main_inc;
set a501_&s._main_inc;
&s._pl_n=int(&s._pl);
run;

proc sort data=a501_&s._main_inc;
by cluster_&s._n;
run;

proc freq data=a501_&s._main_inc;
table &s._pl_n;
by cluster_&s._n;
ods output OneWayFreqs=pl_by_cluster_&s.
run;

proc sort data=a501_&s._main_inc;
by grade;
run;

proc freq data=a501_&s._main_inc;
table &s._pl_n;
by grade;
ods output OneWayFreqs=pl_by_grade_&s.
run;
ods excel close;
%mend;
%intd (comprehension);
%intd (listening);
%intd (reading);
%intd (speaking);
%intd (writing);
%intd (oral);
%intd (literacy);
%intd (comprehension);
%intd (overall);

Reeza
Super User
You have comprehension listed twice....
Run the macro with "options mprint symbolgen;" before the code and then check your log.

dustychair
Pyrite | Level 9

@Reeza Thank you so much! I noticed that I missed two semicolons besides writing Comprehension twice. Last question: how can make percentages one digit instead of two using ods excel?

Thank you!

Reeza
Super User
PROC FREQ doesn't let you control that unfortunately. If you want to control your output you can switch to PROC TABULATE instead - but that also means you need to specify more options to get the same output.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation