BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Here's what I'm wondering about -- related, but going further with the discussion. In the SAS title statement, you can use #byvar and #byval, etc with by group processing. ODS PROCLABEL does not currently support #byvar and #byval, but -if- it did, then you could kill 2 birds etc, etc, by allowing something like this:
[pre]
ods html ....;
ods tagsets.excelxp ...;
options nobyline;
ODS PROCLABEL "#byvar1 = #byval1";
proc whatever data=wombat;
by koala eucalyptus;
run;
ods _all_ close;
[/pre]
if ods html was using contents=, then every by group could use ODS PROCLABEL automatically without doing macro things to get the TOC label the way you wanted.

if excelxp was making multiple worksheets, then ODS PROCLABEL could indicate the string to be picked up by the tagset.

I know that Eric has done something similar in a tagset revision to answer a different question (for me, offline), but this possibility ODS PROCLABEL ...or a new ODS PROCBYLABEL might simplify things in making a one place to specify what you want using the #byval and #byvar that already exists and that folks know how to use.

Of course, changing a tagset is my favorite morning activity -- but it's not a solution for everybody -- and implementing the #byvar etc functionality via ODS PROCBYLABEL or ODS PROCLABEL -- would make it easier for folks new to SAS and ODS to do something slick with a much lower learning curve. If #byvar and #byval are put -someplace- so the title statement can get to them, why can't they be pumped into someplace in memory that persists beyond the life of the title statement???

just curious,
cynthia
Eric_SAS
SAS Employee
I should mention that control templates allow for this sort of thing.
The set statement in control templates knows how to handle #byval and #byvar. I don't remember if I allow triggering tagset events from there... I probably should.

Connecting all the dots is probably the hard part.

It was so easy to do I added it to the set statement in tagsets as well. But not until 9.2.
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
So what is a control template???? Something I'd have fun with???
mrgibson
Calcite | Level 5
Does the excelxp tagset 1.86 work correctly in SAS 9.2??

We have some code that was developed on SAS 9.13 using the tagset with sheet_interval set to by groups. Under 9.13 this created a new worksheet for each by group. But in 9.2 each by group are in the SAME worksheet listed below each other.

Has anyone experienced this? BTW the code is not mine so I am unable to give you specifics. If needed I can try and get a copy of the code, for now this is just a general query.

What other problems are you seeing with the tagset under 9.2?
Have you developed a newer version of the tagset for 9.2?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 1 like
  • 5 in conversation