BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
mansour_ib_sas
Pyrite | Level 9

Hello,

i have tagsets.msoffice2k to intaller et not tagsets.msoffice2k_x,

i want to add the option panelcols =

I thought about creating a new templete.

Someone has already developed this templete?

thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
TAGSETS.MSOFFICE2K_X already has a PANELCOLS= option, as shown here: https://support.sas.com/rnd/base/ods/odsmarkup/msoffice2k/index.html and that web page has the instructions for how to run code to create that template locally.

Since the hard work has already been done to make a PANELCOLS= suboption, why would you want to reinvent the wheel?

If you do decide to pursue this on your own, you'll have to investigate and learn the PROC TEMPLATE code for modifying a TAGSET template and essentially duplicate what is already in TAGSETS.MSOFFICE2K_X.

Cynthia
mansour_ib_sas
Pyrite | Level 9

Hello Cynthia,
I found this templete and I installed.
its disadvantage is that you can't create more sheet in the excel workbook.
Thank you

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:
Actually, you can -- Microsoft did have a way in their HTML to link multiple HTML files together into one workbook. It was sort of a pain, though because you create a separate HTML file ahead of time for each sheet and then in your final step, you link them all together, as shown here: https://support.sas.com/rnd/base/ods/odsmarkup/msoffice2k/index.html#multiple note and there's a picture that shows how it works:

mso_link_mult.png

It's not as seamless as ODS EXCEL or ODS TAGSETS.EXCELXP. I guess it depends on how critical the side-by-side appearance is.

Cynthia

mansour_ib_sas
Pyrite | Level 9

effectively, after installing tagsets.msoffice2k, i searched for the sheet_name option.
I will use this method HTML for my export.
Thank you Cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation