BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Abdulla1
Quartz | Level 8

Greetings

I have sas enterprise guide which is connected to a remote server. however, I can access all the data within a library called ENRFIL and I can see all the varaibles within each dataset but if I wrote the code below it keeps telling me :

Libref ENRFIL is not assigned.

Abdulla1_0-1644865633401.png

CODE:

Data Mydata;
set ENRFIL.NSSE;
run;

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Abdulla1
Quartz | Level 8

finally I have found the problem. 

at the top most of my program the selected server is not the same as the server my file has. 

Abdulla1_0-1645024635722.png

there I just checked on that arrow change the server to SASApp and then it worked.

thanks for everyone tried to help me on this issue.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Abdulla1
Quartz | Level 8

ok so I right clicked on the library and chose properties.

Abdulla1_0-1644867615048.png

so I wrote 

libname ENERFIL '/Students Training/Engineering files/Data';

but now it start telling me that the NSSE file does not exist though can view it manually! 

Abdulla1_1-1644868064187.png

SASKiwi
PROC Star

That "Location" is the where the SAS metadata definition of the library is stored and nothing to do with the folder location where the actual data is stored. Try this and post the complete SAS log:

proc contents data = ENERFIL.NSSE;
run;
Abdulla1
Quartz | Level 8

didn't work, rather, at "proc contents data=ENERFIL.NSSE" it tells me that ENRMGMT is not assigned. is there another way I can look for the location of the data

Reeza
Super User

In your first post you show

ENRFIL

In your second you show

ENERFIL - note the E.

Your code references the first. 

Try using the second assignment with the E and see if that works. 

@Abdulla1 wrote:

ok so I right clicked on the library and chose properties.

Abdulla1_0-1644867615048.png

so I wrote 

libname ENERFIL '/Students Training/Engineering files/Data';

but now it start telling me that the NSSE file does not exist though can view it manually! 

Abdulla1_1-1644868064187.png

Abdulla1
Quartz | Level 8

Thank you Reeza, for your response, I actually have two libraries with these two names, but I'm still unable to open datasets in any of them. I think the problem is that sas referring to libraries in in deferent server but I still don't know how to fix that. 

Abdulla1
Quartz | Level 8

finally I have found the problem. 

at the top most of my program the selected server is not the same as the server my file has. 

Abdulla1_0-1645024635722.png

there I just checked on that arrow change the server to SASApp and then it worked.

thanks for everyone tried to help me on this issue.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation