BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
agewell150
Fluorite | Level 6

I have a large longitudinal dataset and would like to use surveyselect to randomly select a subsample of 5%.

The catch is that I need to select all measures for each client ID, these vary from 1 to 10 measurement occasions.

After an extensive online search I have not been able to find an example.

Here is the syntax I have been working with.

proc surveyselect data = have out= want
method=srs samprate=.05
by ID;
run;

Insights would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FreelanceReinh
Jade | Level 19

Hello @agewell150 and welcome to the SAS Support Communities!

Replace the BY statement (which PROC SURVEYSELECT treats like a STRATA statement) with a CLUSTER statement:

cluster ID;

(and insert the missing semicolon after "...=.05" to terminate the PROC SURVEYSELECT statement).

Edit: I would also recommend using the SEED= option of the PROC SURVEYSELECT statement so that you can replicate your results.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
FreelanceReinh
Jade | Level 19

Hello @agewell150 and welcome to the SAS Support Communities!

Replace the BY statement (which PROC SURVEYSELECT treats like a STRATA statement) with a CLUSTER statement:

cluster ID;

(and insert the missing semicolon after "...=.05" to terminate the PROC SURVEYSELECT statement).

Edit: I would also recommend using the SEED= option of the PROC SURVEYSELECT statement so that you can replicate your results.

agewell150
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks -- that worked!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation