BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
hein68
Quartz | Level 8

I am trying to make a report that would look like this:

Top 25 diagnoses:

All

Age 0

Ages 1-17

Ages 18+

Most frequent diagnosis

Second most frequent diagnosis

…..

25th most frequent diagnosis

This is the code I have so far:

proc report data=top25wvars nowd;
       column diag1ccs age_3cat;
       define diag1ccs / 'Top 25 CCS diagnoses' group style(header)={text_decoration=underline};
       define age_3cat/ across;
run;

What I haven't been able to figure out is how to get the "All" column into the table.  The "All" column would have the counts of the top 25 diagnoses (all, not broken out by age), in descending order with the most frequent diagnosis at the top to the least frequent diagnosis.  The column with "Top 25 CCS diagnoses" also needs to be in descending order from the most frequent diagnosis at the top to the least frequent diagnosis.

Thanks for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ballardw
Super User

@hein68 wrote:

This is great!

I just need to get rid of the row with the "N"s, and get the diagnoses in order starting from most frequent to least frequent (according to the all column).  Do you know how to do that?

You can suppress the statistic labels by explicitly listing the statistic and suppressing the label by:

proc tabulate data=top25wvars nowd;
   class diag1ccs age_3cat;
   table diag1ccs=' ',
         (all='All' age_3cat=' ') * n=' '
         /box='Top 25 CCS diagnoses' 
   ;
run;

Without data I am going to guess that perhaps specifying the Order=freq for the diaglccs variable will work. 

class diag1ccs / order=freq ;
   class age_3cat;
   table diag1ccs=' ',
         all='All' age_3cat=' '
   ;
run;

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
data_null__
Jade | Level 19
proc format; value $sex(notsorted multilabel) 'M','F'='All' 'M'='Male' 'F'='Female'; quit;
proc report data=sashelp.class list;
   columns age sex;
   define age / group;
   define sex / across f=$sex. preloadfmt mlf order=data;
   run;

Capture.PNG

ballardw
Super User

Or a different proc:

class diag1ccs age_3cat;
   table diag1ccs=' ',
         all='All' age_3cat=' '
   ;
run;
hein68
Quartz | Level 8

This is great!

I just need to get rid of the row with the "N"s, and get the diagnoses in order starting from most frequent to least frequent (according to the all column).  Do you know how to do that?

ballardw
Super User

@hein68 wrote:

This is great!

You can suppress the statistic labels by explicitly listing the statistic and suppressing the label by:

class diag1ccs age_3cat;
   table diag1ccs=' ',
         (all='All' age_3cat=' ') * n=' '
   ;
run;

Without data I am going to guess that perhaps specifying the Order=freq for the diaglccs variable will work. 

class diag1ccs / order=freq ;
   class age_3cat;
   table diag1ccs=' ',
         all='All' age_3cat=' '
   ;
run;
hein68
Quartz | Level 8

Your code at the top worked for suppressing the N row 🙂

The part about getting the records in order resulted in an error message though.

The data is set up like this (see attachment).

ballardw
Super User

@hein68 wrote:

Your code at the top worked for suppressing the N row 🙂

The part about getting the records in order resulted in an error message though.

The data is set up like this (see attachment).

Show the actual code submitted and the error message. Run the code, go to the Log, copy code and message. In the forum open a code box using the forum's {I} icon and paste the text. You want to paste into a code box to preserve text formatting as the message windows here will reformat text and move things like indicators where an error was found.

BTW: I may misspell your variable names as I have no data to run the code against. So check that.

hein68
Quartz | Level 8

Actually your code does exactly what I needed.  It must have been my mistake the first time I tried it.

Thanks VERY much!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation