BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
rajeshm
Quartz | Level 8

question: path of a currently running program in pc sas to display.?

I would like to get the path of program currently opened in pc sas to be displayed somewhere. if there is any option ,please let me know.

problem: i keep same filename at several places like c:/xx/yy/zz etc.

But after sometime of opening program in pc sas, getting doubt from which location i opened the file.

4 REPLIES 4
FreelanceReinh
Jade | Level 19

Hi @rajeshm,

Try this:

%put %sysget(SAS_EXECFILEPATH);

It should write the path in question to the log if you're using the Enhanced Editor under Windows (see documentation).

rajeshm
Quartz | Level 8

You misunderstood my question( may be not clear from my side)

Explanation:

I opened a program in sas and full path of that program to be displayed in somewhere of sas editor. is there

anywhere options/settings to display? tool using is pc sas.

rajeshm
Quartz | Level 8

In pc sas , I opened a program but with same file name,i kept files in several places. After few modifications of program, getting doubt, which location file currently modified? is there any option in pcs sas to display path of program?

when i put cursor on this icon in the below screenshot, i would like to get full path of program somewhere of sas editor.

rajeshm_1-1598004163167.png

FreelanceReinh
Jade | Level 19

Not sure what's so bad about displaying the path in the log, but here are two other suggestions:

Click "File" in the main menu. The paths of the most recently opened programs are shown in the "Recently used file list," whose length you can set under Tools --> Options --> Preferences --> General.

Alternatively, select File --> Save As... from the menu. The "Save As" dialog window should show the folder in which the current program resides. In addition, the path is displayed in the status line of the main SAS window while the "Save As" dialog is open.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation