BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Peter_L
Quartz | Level 8

In SAS 9.4M5 in Windows 10 64-bit the following gives unparsable SVG graphics:

options colophon="© Company";
ods html5 device=svg options(svg_mode='img');
/* some graphics output */

What you find in the *.svg file is a line like this between desc and defs (line 4):

<!-- © Company -->

In the HTML page which refers to this you may see a broken link symbol or nothing. If you open the SVG file in a browser you may see nothing. If you are lucky (e.g. using Firefox) you will see a parse error message.

I have not tried this with embedded SVG because I need a separate img file.

A workaround is to replace the copyright symbol © with plain ASCII (c) or the word "copyright".

@Sas Please could you fix this minor bug which is very difficult to diagnose.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter_L
Quartz | Level 8

SAS Support has determined that this problem is an interaction with the encoding. When SAS is running with UTF-8 encoding the SVG file also has UTF-8 encoding and the problem does not arise. In wlatin1 encoding the SVG file causes some browser parsers to fail.

I use wlatin1 encoding because UTF-8 does not work for me owing to an incompatibility between SAS and the ODBC driver for SAP SQL Anywhere in UTF-8 mode related to the width of character columns. This has gone via SAS Support to the engineering queue.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Peter_L
Quartz | Level 8

Yes, I have informed SAS support. This is the fastest way to inform fellow sufferers.

Peter_L
Quartz | Level 8

SAS Support has determined that this problem is an interaction with the encoding. When SAS is running with UTF-8 encoding the SVG file also has UTF-8 encoding and the problem does not arise. In wlatin1 encoding the SVG file causes some browser parsers to fail.

I use wlatin1 encoding because UTF-8 does not work for me owing to an incompatibility between SAS and the ODBC driver for SAP SQL Anywhere in UTF-8 mode related to the width of character columns. This has gone via SAS Support to the engineering queue.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation