BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
J_hoon
Calcite | Level 5

Hello! everybody!!

I have one question.

I make MS word table, using  ods rtf .

But my data set have many columns, so the table of MS word is the table divided two!!! 

Like this

1.JPG

2.JPG

It does not matter if the letter is small. Just want to make the table one!!!

Please, Help me!!!!

1 REPLY 1
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

First lets clarify semantics.  RTF = Rich Text Format, which is a text file with some markup which describe the document.  MS Word is not RTF, however it can parse and display RTF, so in this case Word is the Renderer - this is important when thinking about file formats and how they are used as one Renderer may display data differently.

Now your issue with the output splitting, there are numerous ways to increase the space available and change formatting to get it on one table.  It depends on your requirements, however bear in mind that a page is only so big and can hold only so much.

to start with you could make the page landscape:

ods orientation=landscape;

... your report code

Second you can modify the style you use to create the output - style templates describe fonts, sizes etc. for the output:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/odsug/65308/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n0we09dlwj2ef1n1fugc...

Third, if you are using proc report then you can set the width of columns, wrap headers (and text) to allow more room.  E.g.

proc report data=... nowd split="*";
  columns _all_;
  define subjectnr / "Subj.*Nr." style={cellwidth=1cm};
run;

So in the style statement (of which you can set all style elements) I set the column width to be 1cm and wrap the heading splitting on the break char *.

From that yu should be able to alter your output to look pretty much anyway you like.  Style templates (and graph templates) are very powerful when you get used to them.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation