BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
boston480
Calcite | Level 5

I just run comments lines, and got error, I used FileZilla submit my SAS codes. Please help ,e the strange problem. (my local SAS works fine.)

1) running code (actually, no codes, just comments lines)

/**---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*;*/

/** Program Identify pregnant members in DATA WAREHOUSE claims and service *;*/

/** using ICD10 codes and associated CPT codes who have not yet delivered to *;*/

2. error:

NOTE: Additional host information:

W32_7PRO WIN 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Workstation

NOTE: SAS initialization used:

real time           2.26 seconds

cpu time            1.60 seconds

1   1                                      This_logfile_is_proprietary_information_of_BCBSMA

-

1 !        10:03 Tuesday, November 13, 2018

ERROR 180-322: Statement is not valid or it is used out of proper order.

31   NOTE: AUTOEXEC processing beginning;

31 !                                     file is /code/sas/autoexec.sas.

----

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ballardw
Super User

@boston480 wrote:

The problem was fixed.

Reason: I drag XXX.log file into log window built in SAS, so it produced this error. If I drag the XXX.log file into edit windows, no error. So actually, our code work fine.

Thanks for every one.

Close this topic please.

On this forum the topic starter should indicate the solution to the question by marking a post as "accepted solution". Which sometimes does include "I made a mistake" and how to avoid it, such as dropping into the correct window.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

"FileZilla submit my SAS codes." - sorry, you have lost me.  What are you doing?  FileZilla is a File Transfer program, it is used for sending/receiving files from different machines websites.  

To execute SAS code you use the SAS system either in batch or interactive window.  Maybe you transfer the file and then try running it?  Possibly the transfer is windows-unix or vice versa, or text v binary?

boston480
Calcite | Level 5

It's true, I used WINDOWS7,  this company used FileZilla submitted SAS code and run the SAS code on server. Actually this is my first time to do it.

It's so strange, other people used same code without error, you can see the errors:

1)

1 1 This_logfile_is_proprietary_information_of_BCBSMA

-

1 ! 09:56 Tuesday, November 13, 2018

2)

31 ! file is /code/sas/autoexec.sas.

----

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

You do not use FileZilla to submit code, you use FileZilla to transfer files from one system to another.  You need to have the correct file transfer options setup so the file arrives as intended, i.e. text files get copied across correctly.  I would suggest that one of your collegues should sit down and explain the whole process to you, i.e. what settings filezilla needs, how the file is transferred, what is run on the server etc.

ballardw
Super User

If you cannot show the text of the submitted code then we are going to have issues with diagnosing anything.

Post LOG results with error messages, including the code and the errors into a code box opened using the forum's {I} icon to preserve text formatting.

The underscore and 180 would appear under the text of the code that generates the error. The message window has reformatted the text so that the _ no longer appears where it should.

Since your error apparently occurs prior to attempting to execute the AUTOEXEC.SAS then probably you have other issues. The "code" of three comments would not generate the statement

1                                      This_logfile_is_proprietary_information_of_BCBSMA

So something else is going on.

boston480
Calcite | Level 5

The problem was fixed.

Reason: I drag XXX.log file into log window built in SAS, so it produced this error. If I drag the XXX.log file into edit windows, no error. So actually, our code work fine.

Thanks for every one.

Close this topic please.

ballardw
Super User

@boston480 wrote:

The problem was fixed.

Thanks for every one.

Close this topic please.

On this forum the topic starter should indicate the solution to the question by marking a post as "accepted solution". Which sometimes does include "I made a mistake" and how to avoid it, such as dropping into the correct window.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation