BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
u63692237
Calcite | Level 5

Hi

I just try to do a simple import with SAS studio : Doesn't find the physical file located on my own disk : "C:\Users\laufi\Downloads\mailing_fin.txt"

I know SAS but it's the first time I code with SAS studio

this is the log :

1 OPTIONS NONOTES NOSTIMER NOSOURCE NOSYNTAXCHECK;
70 filename mailing "C:\Users\laufi\Downloads\mailing_fin.txt";
72 proc import out=import_mailing
73 datafile=mailing
74 dbms=dlm;
75 delimiter = "09"x;
76 getnames=yes;
77 run;

NOTE: Unable to open parameter catalog: SASUSER.PARMS.PARMS.SLIST in update mode. Temporary parameter values will be saved to
WORK.PARMS.PARMS.SLIST.
WARNING: Physical file does not exist, /pbr/biconfig/940/Lev1/SASApp/C:\Users\laufi\Downloads\mailing_fin.txt.
ERROR: Import unsuccessful. See SAS Log for details.
NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.
NOTE: PROCEDURE IMPORT a utilisé (Durée totale du traitement) :
real time 0.01 seconds
user cpu time 0.02 seconds
system cpu time 0.00 seconds
memory 8226.90k
OS Memory 28952.00k
Timestamp 24/11/2023 10:50:14 AM
Step Count 78 Switch Count 5
Page Faults 0
Page Reclaims 1103
Page Swaps 0
Voluntary Context Switches 24
Involuntary Context Switches 0
Block Input Operations 0
Block Output Operations 40
3 REPLIES 3
andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

You can import a file on C-drive of your computer, you need to upload the file to import it. Contact your local sas admin for details.

andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

What a stupid mistake:

"You can import a file on C-drive of your computer ..." => You can't import a file on the C-drive ....

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

SAS On Demand runs in the cloud on a UNIX server, it does not have access to your local drives, with the exception of the Upload/Download functionality of the SAS Studio interface.

Upload the file first, then right-click on it in the navigation window to get the correct UNIX path for it, which you then use in your import step.

For correct and consistent import of a text file, write the DATA step to read it yourself; do not rely on the guessing of PROC IMPORT.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation