BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
neensee
Calcite | Level 5

sag code.pngsas log.png

I'm using sas university ed. windows 10, with vm ware player 15.  sas software says it is up to date in the notification window.  my imports/exports are not working.  log says file was successfully created, but there is no excel file in my folders.  in the code window, the import/export line is purple.  that line is purple in all my programs now.  This same code worked previously.

I tried deleting files in myfolder to free up some space.  I tried different browser (chrome and IE11),  I also tried starting new sessions and completely restarting my PC.

See screen shots.  Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Hard to read text from screen shots, but it looks like you ran an IMPORT step to create a SAS dataset and the log says it works.

What are not finding?  Do you not know how to look at the dataset?  Why not just run some code against it, like PROC CONTENTS or PROC PRINT.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Hard to read text from screen shots, but it looks like you ran an IMPORT step to create a SAS dataset and the log says it works.

What are not finding?  Do you not know how to look at the dataset?  Why not just run some code against it, like PROC CONTENTS or PROC PRINT.

neensee
Calcite | Level 5
I meant to do screenshots for the export not the import, but the export is working now, after starting a new session again. Thanks for the reply
Reeza
Super User

PROC IMPORT will not create an Excel file you can see, it creates a sas7bdat file in the library or folder.

You should not expect to find an Excel file, you should find a file called rma_vz in your OLD library. The code below will confirm this.

Run the following after that code:

proc contents data=old.rma_vz;

run;

@neensee wrote:

sag code.pngsas log.png

I'm using sas university ed. windows 10, with vm ware player 15.  sas software says it is up to date in the notification window.  my imports/exports are not working.  log says file was successfully created, but there is no excel file in my folders.  in the code window, the import/export line is purple.  that line is purple in all my programs now.  This same code worked previously.

I tried deleting files in myfolder to free up some space.  I tried different browser (chrome and IE11),  I also tried starting new sessions and completely restarting my PC.

See screen shots.  Thank you.

ballardw
Super User

Best practice for this site is to copy the text from the Editor or Log windows and paste into a code box opened with the forum's {I} or "running man" icons.

That way when there are syntax corrections or suggestions to be made is much easier to copy the text, make changes and post the suggested changes. Retyping lots of code from a picture is generally not going to happen.

neensee
Calcite | Level 5
this is my 1st time posting here. I'll keep that in mind for next time. Thanks.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation