BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Banke
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi all,

i applied a format to some of my variables and i want to now save the format permanently in my dataset. my log is showing error of "closing clipboard failed". what can i do please?

my format code which was sucessful is

/** CREATE VALUES FOR RACE AND SEX IN FOLDER BIOSTAT CREATED IN LIBRARY**/
PROC FORMAT LIBRARY = BIOSTAT;
VALUE $SEX_A 1 = 'MALE'
2 = 'FEMALE';
VALUE $ RACE_A 1 = 'WHITE'
2 = 'BLACK';
RUN;

this is my command to apply the format to my dataset biostat.keep and save it as biostat.keep2

DATA BIOSTAT.KEEP2;
FORMAT SEX SEX_A. RACE RACE_A.;
SET BIOSTAT.KEEP;
RUN;

thanks

my log error

closing clipboard failed
120 /** SETTING FORMATS PERMANENTLY IN MY DATASET**\
121 DATA BIOSTAT.KEEP2
122 * A NEW FILE WITH MY FORMATTED INPUTS;
123 FORMAT SEX SEX_A. RACE RACE_A.;
124 SET BIOSTAT.KEEP;
125 *THE FILE FROM WHICH WE ARE MAKING A NEW INPUT;
126 RUN;

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Banke
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi Tom, im restarted SAS and it seem to be working fine now

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

CLIPBOARD does not have anything to do with the code you are showing.

So there is other code you are running or other actions you are taking that could have an impact on the clipboard.

What version of SAS are you using?  What operating system is it running on?  How are you interacting with SAS?  Are you submitting your program from the command line to run the background? Opening SAS Display Manager to work interactively with SAS?  Using some other user interface to submit SAS code, like Enterprise Guide or SAS/Studio?

Banke
Pyrite | Level 9

i am using SAS 9.4 on windows. i got it from my university and installed it on my system

How are you interacting with SAS? 

Are you submitting your program from the command line to run the background? No

Opening SAS Display Manager to work interactively with SAS?  No

Using some other user interface to submit SAS code, like Enterprise Guide or SAS/Studio? no

i

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Those are the only three choices.

If you are using SAS/Studio then you had to open a browser and connect to some server and you will use that browser window to edit and submit your code.

If you are running Display Manager on a Windows machine it will look something like this:

image.png

Banke
Pyrite | Level 9

I an running on display manager

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Alright so how did you submit the code that has triggered the error message?  Did you click on the Running Man icon in the Editor window? Hit some key?  Click on the Submit from the Run menu?

Is it reproducible?

So it sounds like there is something interfering with SAS's interaction with the clipboard.

Can you copy and paste lines of code in the program editor window?

You might need to ask SAS support for help with debugging what exactly is causing that error.

Banke
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi Tom, im restarted SAS and it seem to be working fine now

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation