BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
wklierman
Obsidian | Level 7

I am preparing to execute some code and I submit the section with any options, libnames, pass words, user etc for odbc connections.

When I do that, the log comes back with the following

199 OPTIONS COMPRESS=YES;

63 63 63 63 63

201 /* Fill in Username and Password for HAL */

202 %LET USERNAME=OR0206965;

63 63 63 63 63

203 %LET PASSWORD= ;                  /* Fill in your PW but do not save the program with

63 63 63 63 63 63 63

203 ! it */

205 libname HAL odbc

63 63

206 dsn=HAL_METRIC

63 63 63

207 user=&USERNAME

63 63 63 63

208 password=&PASSWORD

63 63  63  63

209 schema=AQC;

63 63 63 63

211 libname AQC_PUF 'M:\AQC_PUF_2019\AQCPUF';

63 63 63 63

ERROR 63-169: The word currently being processed has exceeded the maximum length of 0 characters.

My password is unfilled for this purpose. Anyway we have SAS running on a new server and new version of SAS.

Suggestions to correct this error and what is causing it (so it doesn't happen again) will be very appreciated. Thank you.

wklierman

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ballardw
Super User

Clear your entire log.

Rerun the code.

Go to the log and copy the entry.

In the forum at the top of the message window are a row of Icons to perform different actions, the sixth one from the left looks like {I} (note that the stupid message window reformats single lower-case to upper-case I so it doesn't look exactly the same). Click on the icon just like many other programs. A window will pop up. Paste the copied log entry into the box.

Click on the OK button at the bottom of the window to keep the box.

Something pasted.

You would see something similar to the above after pasting.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Reeza
Super User
Is 63 actually in your log? Go back to line 63 in the code, what is it?
Also, if passwords have asterisks or special characters that can really mess things up.
ballardw
Super User

Please post the log copied from your log into a code box opened with the forums {I} icon.

I suspect that if those "63"s appear on the first line of code then it means something prior to what you show is the actual issue. You may have to go further back in your log to look for odd notes or results.

wklierman
Obsidian | Level 7
Hello,
First-time user of the forums {l} icon. How is that done? Thank you.
wklierman
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,
First-time user of the forums {l} icon. How is that done? Thank you.

Also the suggestion was made to go back in my log file to a certain line (line 63) to try and determine what might be causing the error

ERROR 63-169: The word currently being processed has exceeded the maximum length of 0 characters.

However, I deleted that line after the log became too long.  So how can I go back to try and determine a possible cause for the problem?

Thanks for your help.

Wklierman

ballardw
Super User

Clear your entire log.

Rerun the code.

Go to the log and copy the entry.

In the forum at the top of the message window are a row of Icons to perform different actions, the sixth one from the left looks like {I} (note that the stupid message window reformats single lower-case to upper-case I so it doesn't look exactly the same). Click on the icon just like many other programs. A window will pop up. Paste the copied log entry into the box.

Click on the OK button at the bottom of the window to keep the box.

Something pasted.

You would see something similar to the above after pasting.

wklierman
Obsidian | Level 7
To ballardw,
This acknowledgment is tardy in coming. I'll be more prompt next time.
Thank you again.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation