BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
liiiiiiiib
Calcite | Level 5

hello everyone! I want to see whether the ComCat variable changes with sddsrvyr in the three category variable agegroup, that is, whether there is interaction between ComCat and sddsrvyr in different agegroups.

here is my code :
proc genmod data=diffcomcat;
class agegroup; weight wtmec12yr;
model comcat=agegroup sddsrvyr sddsrvyr*agegroup/ dist=p link =log type3 wald;
run;

But the line in agegroup=3 is 0 and there is no p-value, I don't understand it.
I want to ask whether the code is correct, and then how to understand the result.

2 REPLIES 2
acordes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
The 0 for the estimate of your last agegroup is because of your parameterization coding.
The last group is taken as a reference.
And there's no p-value for this level as the p-value reads as the hypothesis that level a differs from the reference level by x units.
You can overrule this setting some procedures by selecting other methods but the overall estimate and result isn't altered from that.
Read about the parameterization and design matrix in the Do Loop from Rick Wicklin.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation