BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sipos
Calcite | Level 5

Currently doing a job application test for a FAANG company that asks me to conduct an A/B tests and cruelly says:

There are several equally acceptable stats approaches, so we’re interested to see your approach.

Which is, like -- well, I was going to just do a T-Test, but now I'm terrified to try something that simple.

Any thoughts on what methods a FAANG company would expect on an A/B test like this?

5 REPLIES 5
ballardw
Super User

Sounds like an employment question. Does "FAANG", what ever that may be, actually have any impact on this question?

I had a job interview where they gave me a data set and instructions "do the most complicated test/analysis you can", though  of course the software they wanted was something I had never used at all.

I basically answered " an analysis or test without a question is a pretty poor use of time". I did get the job.

sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

@ballardw wrote:

Does "FAANG", what ever that may be, ...

In finance, “FAANG” is an acronym that refers to the stocks of five prominent American technology companies: Meta (META) (formerly known as Facebook), Amazon (AMZN), Apple (AAPL), Netflix (NFLX); and Alphabet (GOOG) (formerly known as Google).

Koen

Reeza
Super User
I would probably list a few of the tests that are options and then explain why I choose the one I did over the others.

Also, keep in mind the type of test, ie is it a count/chi square more appropriate or continuous/rate data?
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Paper 1070-2017
Cold-Start Solution to A/B Testing Using Adaptive Sample Size Modification
Bo Zhang, IBM; Liwei Wang, Pharmaceutical Product Development Inc.

https://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings17/1070-2017.pdf

Google : "A/B testing" site:lexjansen.com

A/B Testing is very much present in SAS® Customer Intelligence 360. But you probably don't have access to that product.

Using the A/B Test Node for Control Groups
https://video.sas.com/detail/video/4844229730001/using-the-a-b-test-node-for-control-groups

Koen

Ksharp
Super User

I think it is like a Crossover Experiment Design, like the following graph:

Ksharp_0-1709690118698.png

And Check example of PROC TTEST for it.

SAS Help Center: Example 122.4 AB/BA Crossover Design

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 5 in conversation