BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
CJJC
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello all;

I'm still new to SAS and I'm having trouble getting a project to use corrected datasets.

I have six permanent datasets that had coding problems.  One by one, I made code changes in the six projects that provided the correct end results.

I have a 7th project that pulls in all of the corrected datasets but the first data step is to merge all of datasets together using a shared variable.

For some reason the older, incorrect datasets are being called in.  Why does this happen?

4 REPLIES 4
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

@CJJC wrote:

Hello all;

I'm still new to SAS and I'm having trouble getting a project to use corrected datasets.

I have six permanent datasets that had coding problems.  One by one, I made code changes in the six projects that provided the correct end results.

I have a 7th project that pulls in all of the corrected datasets but the first data step is to merge all of datasets together using a shared variable.

For some reason the older, incorrect datasets are being called in.  Why does this happen?

Maybe because you didn't save the corrected data sets, or you saved them in the wrong location. If that's not it, show us the code to create one of the corrected data sets, and then also show us the code that tries to read it in.

--
Paige Miller
ballardw
Super User

Another bit of sleuthing would be to use Proc contents to examine the data sets in question.

proc contents data=lib.datafile1;
run;

for example. The first output table will show the created and modified dates. If those don't match what you expect, i.e. show an old date, then something interesting may have happened. Personally I would expect a problem with a library name incorrect or reused in one session. But I have had an IT department "restore" files on a network that resulted in setting files to a version that was several months out of date.

CJJC
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you Paige!

CJJC
Fluorite | Level 6

disregard please, seems I was saving to the wrong library

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation