BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
CharlesPatridge
Calcite | Level 5

I am just starting to use & learn SAS University Edition.

It is a Unix/Linux OS so you have to be aware that naming conventions are in effect.  That is, Upper and Lower letters in naming files or pointing to files has to be EXACT.

EX:   libname mydata "/folders/myfolders/SAS_Salary";   IS NOT THE SAME AS
         libname mydata "/Folders/myfolders/sas_Salary";

Also found when trying to "find and replace" text - be careful using the & (ampersand) in the text strings - it will use the macro variable Values to replace your text - if the macro variable has been assigned previously.

I tried to do a Proc GCHART and Proc GMAP - get an error that these Procs do not exist - Not completely aware why not and just asking so I better understand - I have my suspicions.

Regards - Charles Patridge

charles dot s dot patridge  AT gmail  dot com
Charles S Patridge
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User
Because it does not include the SAS/Graph product. Use the newer statistical graphics procedures instead. Those are included.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Hi @CharlesPatridge - use SGPLOT and SGMAP instead.  They do everything you need, most likely, and that's where most of the development is happening.

Learn from the Experts! Check out the huge catalog of free sessions in the Ask the Expert webinar series.
CharlesPatridge
Calcite | Level 5

Chris,  Thanks.  I will give that a try.  Chuck

Charles S Patridge
CharlesPatridge
Calcite | Level 5
Chris,

Trying PROC SGMAP -
Is the MAPS library available in the SAS University Edition? If so, where?
need access to
maps.states
maps.uscenter

to complete my test for SGMAP.
Thanks

Charles S Patridge
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

The MAPS* libraries don't ship with SAS University Edition.  Partly due to size (they are huge) and partly due to licensing.

You can get the content from SAS Maps Online (download, unzip, CIMPORT step...it's some work).

You can also use 3rd party maps by importing shapefiles.  @GraphGuy has a blog post showing how here.

Learn from the Experts! Check out the huge catalog of free sessions in the Ask the Expert webinar series.
CharlesPatridge
Calcite | Level 5

Tom or Chris,

I no longer have a valid SAS site license as I have been laid off so I can download the SAS map files.  Is there a generic SAS license I can use as a SAS University Edition user to download some SAS map files to practice my sas code for SAS/Graph programs?

Thank you.

Chuck Patridge

Charles S Patridge
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Hi Chuck,

think you can download the SAS 9.2 maps.

But if not, I recommend finding freely available SHP files for the areas of interest.  You can use PROC MAPIMPORT to convert these for use in SAS.

Chris

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User
Because it does not include the SAS/Graph product. Use the newer statistical graphics procedures instead. Those are included.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation