BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
SASSYstats
Calcite | Level 5

Hello everyone, this is my first question to the forum.

I have a data set of about 45,000 observations. The following variables are character: Room_Type, Cluster_value, min_nights. All other variables are numeric. The question has to do with the OUTPUT statement. I am able to output the results into the capstn library just fine except for when I include the option COOKD=CD (as shown below). Everything works except for that. COOKD lights up blue and from what I can see in the documentation there is no reason it shouldn't be available. I get error number 73 EXPECTING AN =. I have found the same issue to be true when I try outputting studentized residuals. 

proc adaptivereg data=Training;
class Room_Type Cluster_value min_nights;
model price_rank=min_nights Room_Type Cluster_value avail_rank reviews_rank / additive;
output predicted=Pred residual=R cookd=CD out=capstn.addaptive_mod;
title "Regression Analysis for Price of Listing by Rank";
run;

title;

If anyone has any idea this has been stumping me for some time now. I am using the latest version of SAS University Edition on Windows 10.

Thanks Everyone!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

I don't see COOKD listed as an option in adaptivereg, where are you seeing it as a valid option?

https://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=statug&docsetVersion=15.1&docsetTarget=statug_adaptivereg_sy...

@SASSYstats wrote:

I have a data set of about 45,000 observations. The following variables are character: Room_Type, Cluster_value, min_nights. All other variables are numeric. The question has to do with the OUTPUT statement. I am able to output the results into the capstn library just fine except for when I include the option COOKD=CD (as shown below). Everything works except for that. COOKD lights up blue and from what I can see in the documentation there is no reason it shouldn't be available. I get error number 73 EXPECTING AN =. I have found the same issue to be true when I try outputting studentized residuals. 

model price_rank=min_nights Room_Type Cluster_value avail_rank reviews_rank / additive;
run;

title;

If anyone has any idea this has been stumping me for some time now. I am using the latest version of SAS University Edition on Windows 10.

Thanks Everyone!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Reeza
Super User

I don't see COOKD listed as an option in adaptivereg, where are you seeing it as a valid option?

https://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=statug&docsetVersion=15.1&docsetTarget=statug_adaptivereg_sy...

@SASSYstats wrote:

run;

title;

Thanks Everyone!

SASSYstats
Calcite | Level 5
Well this may be a newbie question but are you saying that just because an option is listed after a statement on Univ. Ed., and you can retrieve info on it, and it lights up blue, it isn't necessarily supported?
Reeza
Super User

@SASSYstats wrote:
Well this may be a newbie question but are you saying that just because an option is listed after a statement on Univ. Ed., and you can retrieve info on it, and it lights up blue, it isn't necessarily supported?

I can't speak to that portion of SAS unfortunately. I don't use the coding popups as I find them obtrusive. It's possible it's just pulling from a generic OUTPUT statement or it's possible it's a bug. Perhaps worth a quick conversation with SAS tech support. I do know there are definitely issues with words being in blue/red and that's not a 100% an indicator of correct or incorrect code. Sorry, not super helpful but hope it solves your initial question. 

Ksharp
Super User
PROC ADAPTIVEREG is non-parameter method .
It should not output some stat like COOKD .
@Rick_SAS may explain it further .
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

I can, but Reeza already gave the correct answer: The documentation for PROC ADAPTIVEREG shows that the COOKSD= option is not supported. 

As KSharp says, it is not supported because that statistic applies only to linear regression models. To learn more about Cook's D statistic, see "Influential observations in a linear regression model: The DFFITS and Cook's D statistics."

SASSYstats
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks everyone. In hindsight several beginner mistakes on my part. 

Thanks for the article @Rick_SAS  very informative. 

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation