BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
thescottishkiwi
Fluorite | Level 6

Occasionally, something happens where newly typed characters appear to the right of my cursor meaning word etc are written backwards. I don't know why this is happening. Has happened a couple times on the "ON" line of a proc sql join, more than that I cannot say.

It appears to me that this a setting within a script, sort of like bold font or something, because it only happens very occasionally and it seems to be specific to some location within a script? sometimes I can deal with it by just writing my code on a new line. Other times it follows me. So far it's never affected me from the very begining of a script.

Why is this happening and how can I turn it off? Also, why would this be useful?

I am using SAS Studio as a virtual app. 

4 REPLIES 4
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Hi @thescottishkiwi -- odd problem, for sure!

Can you tell us which SAS interface you are using? SAS Studio? SAS OnDemand for Academics? SAS Enterprise Guide?

Check out SAS Innovate on-demand content! Watch the main stage sessions, keynotes, and over 20 technical breakout sessions!
thescottishkiwi
Fluorite | Level 6

This is in SAS Studio which I have access to as a virtual app.

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

The first thing that occurs to me is that your regional settings were set for right-to-left typing, or the browser mode was toggled for that. Browsers have different keyboard shortcuts that can toggle between right-to-left (to support languages such as Hebrew) and left-to-right. As you're accessing through a vApp, I don't know if this your local browser or the "remote" virtual app browser that's affected.

Check out SAS Innovate on-demand content! Watch the main stage sessions, keynotes, and over 20 technical breakout sessions!
thescottishkiwi
Fluorite | Level 6

This problem is only occuring occasionally though. Like very occasionally, it appears to be limited even within a single script, sometimes I can deal with my just moving to a new line and typing out my code again and everything is fine

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation