BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ESV
Fluorite | Level 6 ESV
Fluorite | Level 6

A few weeks ago, I posted a question that required a substantial amount of work to generate.  My profile shows that post exists, but when I try to view the post, there appears to be no record of it.  How do I locate it, and more importantly, how do I see if I've had any responses? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BeverlyBrown
Community Manager

@ESV Found it in the spam filter! That happens sometimes when you edit a post several times in quick succession. It's back on the Stat Procs board where it belongs: https://communities.sas.com/t5/Statistical-Procedures/Some-issues-with-BIC-calculations-in-Proc-Mixe.... Sorry bout that.

SAS Innovate 2025 call for content is open through Mon., Sept. 16. Submit your presentation idea today!

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Hello,

When I click on ESV (your user name), you seem to have 2 posts indeed (your counter is on 2 - including the above), but I can only see 1 post (the above).

Strange.

I am not a power user (with extra privileges) nor a community manager. They may be able to tell you more.

I suppose you were not violating any community rules?

Good luck,

Koen

ESV
Fluorite | Level 6 ESV
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks for the quick response Koen!  You've provided me with some comfort in two ways - 1) I realize that this post didn't fall off into oblivion; and 2) it would seem that I'm not the only one confused by the apparent logging of my earlier 'ghost post';  so, thanks for that!  I can't imagine that I violated any community rules.  I did my best to provide a very detailed question, including code along with simulated data, only after scouring the SAS community for potential answers to my question.  I hope my post can be resurrected, because I really need an answer and really don't want to have to regenerate the post.  

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

@ESV wrote:

Thanks for the quick response Koen!  You've provided me with some comfort in two ways - 1) I realize that this post didn't fall off into oblivion

I'm not sure that's the interpretation. A counter can climb from 1 to 2, and yet the first post may not be available, gone. Only the community managers can say for sure.

--
Paige Miller
himself
Pyrite | Level 9
Hi, I once experience this, I think the best you can do is to clear the cache, of your browser. Hope this helps.
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

No idea if clearing the cache of your browser (as said above) will help, but you can always try.

If not, I recall @Kurt_Bremser was calling out to to one of the community managers. I think it was Chris H.

Here's a post with an intro to all the community managers:

https://communities.sas.com/t5/Getting-Started/Meet-your-community-managers/ta-p/223735

They (or one of them) should be able to help you out or at least tell you what has gone wrong.

Good luck,

Koen

ESV
Fluorite | Level 6 ESV
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks to all for the feedback.  Clearing cache did not resolve the issue. Thanks @KurtBremser for calling out to Chris for me.  Now that you've provided the list of community managers for me, I'll know how to reach out on my own in the future.  Much appreciated.

BeverlyBrown
Community Manager

Hi @ESV, well this is a mystery. Though I have admin access, I don't see any evidence of posts associated with your profile other than this one on the New SAS User Community. Can you tell me which board you posted it on or the title? I found a community account under your name registered with a Hotmail email, but there's no activity associated with it.

SAS Innovate 2025 call for content is open through Mon., Sept. 16. Submit your presentation idea today!

ESV
Fluorite | Level 6 ESV
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks for checking, @BeverlyBrown. I honestly don't remember the title, but pretty sure I posted to the Statistical Procedures board. The title would have had some reference to how BIC is being calculated in Proc Mixed, because it is giving me some unusual values in certain circumstances that I can't reconcile with the SAS documentation.  I may have asked whether there was a possible bug. The only record I can find is an email that I received from Support Communities at 4:13 PM on July 9, congratulating me for my first post, but the enclosed link takes me to a blank page.  The hotmail account is mine, but is an old account that I obviously have not used.  At any rate, I appreciate you looking into this, but please don't waste too much time - I'll just plan on regenerating my query, and hopefully the second time will be the charm.  - Regards 

ESV
Fluorite | Level 6 ESV
Fluorite | Level 6

Quick correction @BeverlyBrown, I was able to find the title of my post from around 4:00 PM July 9: 'Proc Mixed BIC calculations don't appear to be as advertised'.   Thanks again!

ESV
Fluorite | Level 6 ESV
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks again @BeverlyBrown for reaching out regarding my earlier 'ghost post'.  I just spent a few hours regenerating the info to repost my issue, and it appears to have happened again.  This time, I have a screenshot of the page after I posted it.  As before, I have posted, and received no apparent error messages, but I can find no record of my post, either under my profile or with a general search of the site.   Here's the screenshot:

screenshot.png

It seems that there's something fundamental I'm missing - my apologies - and thanks for any help you can provide.

BeverlyBrown
Community Manager

@ESV Found it in the spam filter! That happens sometimes when you edit a post several times in quick succession. It's back on the Stat Procs board where it belongs: https://communities.sas.com/t5/Statistical-Procedures/Some-issues-with-BIC-calculations-in-Proc-Mixe.... Sorry bout that.

ESV
Fluorite | Level 6 ESV
Fluorite | Level 6

@BeverlyBrown Thanks so much! You're awesome!  Interesting - to my knowledge, I've never been spam before 🙂  Not sure what 'excessive editing' I may have done, but I'll try to keep it to a minimum in the future.  Much appreciated, now I can get back to focusing on the question I originally posted.  Have a great day

FreelanceReinh
Jade | Level 19

@BeverlyBrown wrote:

@ESV Found it in the spam filter! That happens sometimes when you edit a post several times in quick succession.

Hello @BeverlyBrown,

Now I'm a bit worried. Could this also happen to a response (as opposed to a new question)? So, I would reply to somebody, correct several typos "in quick succession," think that everything is fine, -- but in fact seconds (or minutes?) later my reply would be removed as if it were spam?

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 7 in conversation