BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
mcmaxwell
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello, I have started learning SAS studio this year. I am trying to upload a very large csv file (just under 9000 rows) and am running into an error. Here is the code I used to upload the file: 

/** Import the CSV file. **/ 
FILENAME CSV "</folders/myshortcuts/SASUniversityEdition/myfolders/sasuser.v94/LineGraph/transposed_all.csv>" TERMSTR=CRLF; 
PROC IMPORT DATAFILE=CSV 
		    OUT=all 
		    DBMS=CSV 
		    REPLACE; 
RUN;

This is the same code I usually use to upload my csv files, however this time I get the following error message: 

NOTE: Unable to open parameter catalog: SASUSER.PARMS.PARMS.SLIST in update mode. Temporary parameter values will be saved to
WORK.PARMS.PARMS.SLIST.
WARNING: Physical file does not exist,
/opt/sasinside/SASConfig/Lev1/SASApp/</folders/myshortcuts/SASUniversityEdition/myfolders/sasuser.v94/LineGraph/transposed_all.csv>.

ERROR: Import unsuccessful. See SAS Log for details.
NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.
NOTE: PROCEDURE IMPORT used (Total process time):
real time 0.17 seconds
cpu time 0.13 seconds

I double checked that the file directory is correct (I copied it directly from "Server Files and Folders" panel) so I'm not sure what else could be wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ballardw
Super User

When your code uses < > in the path of files I suspect something seriously wrong by including those.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

When it says that the physical file does not exist, this means there is no such file in the folder you named. Perhaps you have spelled something wrong, either the file name or the folder path name. Or you have told SAS to look in the wrong folder.

--
Paige Miller
Reeza
Super User
You need to remove the <> from the code. Those are usually just included in answers/blog posts as an indicator of where to put your code. You could use regular parenthesis I believe, which does have a bit of a different meaning.
FYI - it looks like you set up your myfolders incorrectly given your path, otherwise the path would be /folders/myfolders/LineGraph .....
If you'd like help figuring that out, please let us know.
ballardw
Super User

When your code uses < > in the path of files I suspect something seriously wrong by including those.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation