BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
kcvaldez98
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi SAS coders,

I am new to SAS and was wondering if it is possible to use labels as the variable names for a PROC REG?

Here's my code:

ODS NOPROCTITLE;
PROC REG DATA=WORK.FIGURE (RENAME = outcomes_adults_mental_distr = Frequent_Mental_Distress)
PLOTS(ONLY) = FITPLOT;
MODEL Frequent_Mental_Distress = Marijuana_Use /
CLM
CLI
ALPHA=0.05;

TITLE "Linear Regression of Frequent Mental Distress and Marijuana Use";
ODS SELECT FitPlot;
RUN;
TITLE;

The output looks like this:

Screenshot 2023-12-04 102544.png

I want it to show that Marijuana_Use and Frequent_Mental_Distress is displayed as their labels and I also was wondering if I can delete the "Model: MODEL1" out?

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

By "Use labels as variable names," I assume you want to use nice labels on the X and Y axes on the fit plot. If so, use the LABEL statement inside the PROC REG step, like this

PROC REG DATA=WORK.FIGURE (RENAME = outcomes_adults_mental_distr = Frequent_Mental_Distress)
PLOTS(ONLY) = FITPLOT;
label Frequent_Mental_Distress= "Frequent Mental Distress"
      Marijuana_Use = "Marijuana Use (Grams per Day)";
 MODEL Frequent_Mental_Distress = Marijuana_Use / CLM CLI ALPHA=0.05;
ODS SELECT FitPlot;
quit;

It is possible to remove the MODEL : MODEL1 tag, but it is an advanced technique. Most people prefer to see a reasonable name for the model, such as follows:

options validvarname=any;
PROC REG... ;
/* specify a label before the MODEL keyword */
'Distress vs Marijuana'n:
quit;

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

By "Use labels as variable names," I assume you want to use nice labels on the X and Y axes on the fit plot. If so, use the LABEL statement inside the PROC REG step, like this

PLOTS(ONLY) = FITPLOT;
label Frequent_Mental_Distress= "Frequent Mental Distress"
      Marijuana_Use = "Marijuana Use (Grams per Day)";
ODS SELECT FitPlot;
quit;

It is possible to remove the MODEL : MODEL1 tag, but it is an advanced technique. Most people prefer to see a reasonable name for the model, such as follows:

options validvarname=any;
PROC REG... ;
/* specify a label before the MODEL keyword */
'Distress vs Marijuana'n:
quit;

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation